Fancy playing in one of GM's 'Lexus Yorkshire Challenge' pairs this Sept?

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Okay, you may remember seeing both an ad and an editorial page earlier in the year about a new competition called the Lexus Yorkshire Challenge to be played over Yorkshire's three Ryder Cup courses (Ganton, Moortown and Lindrick) over consecutive days this September.

Well, here's your chance to play in one of Golf Monthly's two pairs in this event...

What you need to know...

Dates: Weds 11th to Fri 13th September.

Format: Fourball betterball Stableford off 3/4 handicap - one pair to be 'captained' by me, the other by GM's resident photographer, Kevin Murray

Timings: You would need to make your own way to Ganton Golf Club by 11.00am on Weds 11th September. We are teeing off there at 12.10 that day, then 12.20 the following day at Moortown, then finally in reverse leaderboard order at Lindrick on Fri 13th. It could be quite a late final departure from Lindrick on Friday as the last pairs don't go off until around 3.00, so if we're in contention (we can but dream...!) you may not get away until 7.30/8.00ish, so please factor that in to whether or not the logistics might work for you.

Accommodation: This will be provided on a B&B basis at a place called Carlton Lodge in Helmsley north of York, about 40 minutes from Ganton, an hour from Moortown and an hour and a half north of Lindrick. Rooms will be ensuite single occupancy. We will also cover the cost of lunches and evening meals.

Travel: Travel to and from Yorkshire, and between golf courses and the hotel, will be down to you, although we will look to share if possible heading to Moortown on the second day. Please note, Lindrick is in the far south of the county close to the borders of both Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.

Handicaps:
(added 9.10pm 31/7) You will need an official CONGU handicap to be considered for selection.

If you'd like to be considered, please send an email to jezz_ellwood@ipcmedia.com explaining in no more than 50 words what you'd 'bring to the party' and why you'd make a valuable addition to 'Team GM' (you will not be held to account should you subsequently fail to live up to your own hype...!)

Any queries, or anything not quite clear, please reply to this post and I'll clarify or confirm.

* Closing date for this will be a week from today - Wednesday 7th August 5.00pm - and the successful applicants will be contacted shortly after that before being announced on this thread

Last edited:

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was planning on heading back up north for the weekend on 14/15th already and this would fit in perfectly! Great chance to play some amazing courses too.

Hilariously witty 49 words on it's way!

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would love to have a pop at this and would be happy to do the round trip journey but sadly SWMBO is due to drop our wee one on the 7th Sept so can't come as will likely be late as she always is and have to miss out!

Good luck to all who enter sounds like yet another good opportunity

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
I would love to have a pop at this and would be happy to do the round trip journey but sadly SWMBO is due to drop our wee one on the 7th Sept so can't come as will likely be late as she always is and have to miss out!

Good luck to all who enter sounds like yet another good opportunity

From personal experience, I would say you are probably getting your priorities right on this ...!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Jezz, what prizes are up for grabs? You gotta make the long drive north worth my while buddy ;)

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Jezz, what prizes are up for grabs? You gotta make the long drive north worth my while buddy ;)

Can't say exactly what the prizes are, but this is what the original ad said - 'Compete for an individual prize at each venue, with the Lexus Yorkshire Challenge Trophy to be presented to the pair with the winning aggregate score over the three days"

Prestige of representing GM in such a prestigious event would surely justify the 600-mile round trip?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Can't say exactly what the prizes are, but this is what the original ad said - 'Compete for an individual prize at each venue, with the Lexus Yorkshire Challenge Trophy to be presented to the pair with the winning aggregate score over the three days"

Prestige of representing GM in such a prestigious event would surely justify the 600-mile round trip?

Sounds like you want me in the team badly Jezz. Send me an email explaining in less than 50 words why I should make the trip north :D