F1 2023

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I don’t think Red Bull would entertain Hamilton. Why create a Senna/Prost type scenario when you don’t need to.
Given Lewis has driven for Mercedes since he was a junior, I’d be surprised to see him go anywhere else. If he does, it will be to Ferrari.

Jason.H

Visit site
Given Lewis has driven for Mercedes since he was a junior, I’d be surprised to see him go anywhere else. If he does, it will be to Ferrari.

What would he get from Ferrari? Since Schumacher it’s been torrid there. At times their car is competitive but poor reliability, strategy and management has stifled their chances. Admittedly if he went to Ferrari and with the right team changes there could be something special in the making.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
What would he get from Ferrari? Since Schumacher it’s been torrid there. At times their car is competitive but poor reliability, strategy and management has stifled their chances. Admittedly if he went to Ferrari and with the right team changes there could be something special in the making.
Even with the right personel (Todt, Brawn and Rory Byrne) it took Schumacher a few years to drag them back to the front. Lewis is just too old now.

Given the current state of the teams, I think his only chance for that 8th title could be that Max goes completely off the rails with his lack of team spirit and even Horner has to send him packing.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can't understand the hype and discussion about Hamilton getting an 8th title. For the 2nd year running he is being out raced by his team mate who is a future champion (imo) and maybe Hamilton should just take his money and retire at the end of the year.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
After all these years and all the controversies, still the usual farce in F1 re. the rules.

How is it possible that the rules in these situations aren't crystal clear? It's not like it hasn't happened before...

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great drive from Lewis winning the best of the rest trophy for today.

Hopefully the battle for P2 in the constructors is close and runs all season long as there is no mystery re. who will win both WC's this season.

Jason.H

Visit site
George wasn’t happy again when the team were telling him to manage the tyres whilst Lewis was looking to get by 😂😂.
Anyone else think the team has Lewis as number 1?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Enjoyed today's race as it had a fair few things to keep me away from my phone 😉

Good drives from Ham, Alonso and Sainz. Sainz did cause a spin so can't argue with the pen, just that it cost him so many pts/places.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Two things towards the end of the race are just unacceptable.

1. The red flag after Magnussen hit the wall. It smacks of trying to manufacture an exciting finish for the sake of the "entertainment". Starting a 2 lap race from a standing start is just asking for the carnage that inevitably ensued. It resulted in a lot of expensive damage (especially for Alpine) which, given the budget cap, the teams can ill afford. After throwing the full safety car, they should have just accepted that the race would need to finish behind it. This is precisely why a media/entertainment company shouldn't be in charge of F1.

2. The pointless single lap behind the safety car after the 3rd red flag. Given that no car is allowed to overtake before the chequered flag, why bother?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Two things towards the end of the race are just unacceptable.

1. The red flag after Magnussen hit the wall. It smacks of trying to manufacture an exciting finish for the sake of the "entertainment". Starting a 2 lap race from a standing start is just asking for the carnage that inevitably ensued. It resulted in a lot of expensive damage (especially for Alpine) which, given the budget cap, the teams can ill afford. After throwing the full safety car, they should have just accepted that the race would need to finish behind it. This is precisely why a media/entertainment company shouldn't be in charge of F1.

2. The pointless single lap behind the safety car after the 3rd red flag. Given that no car is allowed to overtake before the chequered flag, why bother?

this was covered on comms. You have to complete the full lap allocation as you are within the 3 hour time limit. Thems the rules.

the red flag was a bit funky, however, with the tyre and debris on track, it was obviously seen as a safety risk. They did the same with the gravel after Albon decided to smack the wall early on.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
this was covered on comms. You have to complete the full lap allocation as you are within the 3 hour time limit. Thems the rules.
Ah, I wasn't aware of that rule change. Used to be that if you red flagged a race after >75% distance then full points were awarded.

But frankly, after Magnussen hit the wall, they should just have finished the remaining laps under the safety car. No need for a red flag, except to spice things up.
the red flag was a bit funky, however, with the tyre and debris on track, it was obviously seen as a safety risk. They did the same with the gravel after Albon decided to smack the wall early on.
Albon's crash didn't warrant a red flag either. Too much of the DNA of F1 is being sacrificed on the altar of creating a spectacle. The yanks have spent decades ignoring F1, now within a few years of buying it they are turning it into a circus.

Jason.H

Visit site
They are definitely more keen to wave the red flag. Must be gutted when you pit for tyres under safety car then out comes the red for free tyre change.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The red flags I get, both times there was a lot of debris on the track, marshalls need to go on, the fans are very close to the track as its a street circuit, it was the right call for me from a safety perspective. However I think they need to look at the rules during the red flag, for me the cars should be under 'parc ferme' conditions. If they want to work on the cars they should go into the pit box and come out at the end of the queue.