F1 2023

Jason.H

Visit site
Got to admit it’s harsh. I don’t know exactly what needed changing but there are performance advantages when a new power unit is taken so that may be the reason for no leeway in this case. Either way it’s harsh.

Jason.H

Visit site
Looks like both Ferraris and most the others had a little Monza type rear wing going for pole. Red bull look to have more wing and as always look at race pace and looking after tyres.
Be interesting to see how this one pans out..

C7usk

Visit site
That was a quite a decent race. 👍
Defo, after all the issues with the practice sessions I wasn't really expecting much at all... It was a lot better than some of the other tracks in the end...As for going forward, let's hope that there is a more even playing field, performance wise. Most races this season I have basically recorded and zoomed through. Verstappens dominance haa taken away a lot of enjoyment. We shall see.

C7usk

Visit site
All you need to do is just ignore what Verstappen does and focus on the rest of the field. When you do that, this year has been quite entertaining.
Lol... To be fair that's kinda what I've been doing now you mention it. Been good to see Norris doing well and Alonso was amazing in the last race.

Swango1980

Visit site
All you need to do is just ignore what Verstappen does and focus on the rest of the field. When you do that, this year has been quite entertaining.
It is quite easy to do. Once the 1st lap is over, we normally never see Verstappen for the rest of the race. The cameras don't often follow him and we only see him again at checkered flag

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
F1 has to become more competitive. Not much of a sport when 1 man wins 18 of the 21 races.
Whilst I agree, it is difficult to implement. I don't see how F1 can change the formula much more to ensure a more competitive sport. Recent history shows that there is a cycle of dominance by one team/driver: Hamilton/Merc, Schumacher/Ferrari, Vettel/Red Bull. I can only think that a more biased distribution of money/wind tunnel time, etc. to the weaker teams would close the gap a bit. Or employ a weight penalty? But then I think that would dissuade teams and sponsors knowing that their pursuit for excellence will be handicapped.

Swango1980

Visit site
Whilst I agree, it is difficult to implement. I don't see how F1 can change the formula much more to ensure a more competitive sport. Recent history shows that there is a cycle of dominance by one team/driver: Hamilton/Merc, Schumacher/Ferrari, Vettel/Red Bull. I can only think that a more biased distribution of money/wind tunnel time, etc. to the weaker teams would close the gap a bit. Or employ a weight penalty? But then I think that would dissuade teams and sponsors knowing that their pursuit for excellence will be handicapped.
Not a bad idea. Perform well one season, the following season certain aspects of your development become limited to some extent or another. I guess Red Bull would fight hard against it now, although I doubt they would have done when Mercedes were at the top. I guess any current top team would fight against certain handicaps, but most of the other teams would be in favour of it in one way or another.

It is ironic that when a driver absolutely dominates the Championship, it can actually diminish their own brand and legacy in some ways, as it is boring for fans. Whereas if they can keep winning tight titles, with plenty of battles, it can massively increase their brand by exciting fans.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Wind tunnel and CFD time is relative to where you finish in the championship.

The cost cap and lack of testing time is what allows one team to bake in an advantage.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
To make things interesting, the drivers should not be contracted to teams, but take turns driving each car. Let's see how Max does trundling round in a Haas, or Logan Sargent in a Red Bull.

Come the end of the season, we will have a driver's champion who has genuinely performed better than the others without benefit of having the best car. And a constructors champion who hasn't benefitted from the best driver all year.