F1 2023

Jason.H

Visit site
Well done Red Bull. 2023 constructors champions. Since starting up in 2005 it’s been an amazing journey. I had a tour of the factory in Milton Keynes and met Mark Webber, Christian and the team many years ago.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
After the start that McLaren had this year I'm well chuffed they are now probably the 2nd fastest on the grid, the first few races they were lucky to get out of Q1 let alone score points and compete for podiums with regularity.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Silverstone absolutely ripping fans off again. GA tickets went on sale at 11 yesterday, starting at £250. By the time I'd reached the front of the queue an hour later they were up to nearly £300 so I didn't bother. They sold out in the afternoon at nearly £400. Disgusting way to treat loyal fans, but all the while idiots will pay it nothing will change:mad:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Silverstone absolutely ripping fans off again. GA tickets went on sale at 11 yesterday, starting at £250. By the time I'd reached the front of the queue an hour later they were up to nearly £300 so I didn't bother. They sold out in the afternoon at nearly £400. Disgusting way to treat loyal fans, but all the while idiots will pay it nothing will change:mad:
Indeed. I've decided to skip it this time for that very reason.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Well done Red Bull. 2023 constructors champions. Since starting up in 2005 it’s been an amazing journey. I had a tour of the factory in Milton Keynes and met Mark Webber, Christian and the team many years ago.
Yep, congrats to them.

But when a caption was put up on the TV announcing their constructors win, it had pictures of Horner, Verstappen and Perez.
I think perhaps Newey might have had rather more to do with it. The media really have no clue.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep, congrats to them.

But when a caption was put up on the TV announcing their constructors win, it had pictures of Horner, Verstappen and Perez.
I think perhaps Newey might have had rather more to do with it. The media really have no clue.
We all know its Helmut Marko and Jos Verstappen that should really be credited. ;) :LOL:

Jason.H

Visit site
Yep, congrats to them.

Anyone who knows F1 knows Newey is a huge part of Red Bulls success.

Swango1980

Visit site
Interestingly, cars are only tested at random after the race. I wonder how many they check. They didn't check Russell or Sainz. If this was an issue with Hamilton and Leclerc at the very least, you'd also expect it could be an issue with their team mates?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No comments on 2 drivers being disqualified for cheating? The thread would have been red hot if it was Red Bull 🤣
Not entirely sure you could call it cheating....can easily have been a small oversight with limited testing in FP1 allowed, plus no safety cars. Sure, other teams got through, but you don't know how close it was to the limit

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought the top 3 always underwent full scrutineering.
Most of the others most likely to some extent else why bother weighing the drivers.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
No comments on 2 drivers being disqualified for cheating? The thread would have been red hot if it was Red Bull 🤣
No comment from me. I lost interest in F1 when Hamilton was cheated out of a title. Irrespective of it being Hamilton or any other driver. The powers that be extracted the urine with that race decision. So I have better things to do on a Sunday than watching that rammel.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The Ferrari was .1mm out of tolerance. Given they only had one practice session, wear from the sprint and a very bumpy track. I’d hardly call that cheating. Same as Hamiltons rear wing being .2mm out in Brazil after it broke during quali.

Overspending on the catering and extra flexible components however?

Was it 21 or 22 when the Red Bull rear wing/DRS was routinely failing and they were given time to implement a fix.

It’s not hard to see why people ask questions about application of the rules.

Swango1980

Visit site
The Ferrari was .1mm out of tolerance. Given they only had one practice session, wear from the sprint and a very bumpy track. I’d hardly call that cheating. Same as Hamiltons rear wing being .2mm out in Brazil after it broke during quali.

Overspending on the catering and extra flexible components however?

Was it 21 or 22 when the Red Bull rear wing/DRS was routinely failing and they were given time to implement a fix.

It’s not hard to see why people ask questions about application of the rules.
Indeed. Had the Red Bull failed the test, I wouldn't be surprised if Max retained his victory :)

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
For heaven's sake why does F1 attract so many conspiracy theories?
Remember the adage: do not ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence.
The FIA have made some shocking decisions in recent years but they were just that: mistakes, not deliberate manipulation with ulterior motives.
Of course Red Bull would be DQ'd under the same circumstances.