F1 2021

Swango1980

Visit site
Latest quote from Horner: “Max has been head and shoulders, for me, the driver of the year. He would be very deserving to win this championship. The way he’s driven, the way he’s conducted himself."
Crikey, Horner has really lost all sense of reality. Does he honestly believe this? He probably thinks Geri was the best singer in the Spice Girls, too. Is Christian Horner the Donald Trump of F1?
The Red Bull brand are the Donald Trump of F1. He'd have probably labellled Geri "Singer of the Year", worldwide, not just within the Spice Girls.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Latest quote from Horner: “Max has been head and shoulders, for me, the driver of the year. He would be very deserving to win this championship. The way he’s driven, the way he’s conducted himself."
Crikey, Horner has really lost all sense of reality. Does he honestly believe this? He probably thinks Geri was the best singer in the Spice Girls, too. Is Christian Horner the Donald Trump of F1?
Horner is dodgey on a few levels and lucked into the red bull shindig
But I am more interested in debating which of the spice girls could sing .. my bet is sporty spice but I am very happy to hear other opinions and won’t respond with insults ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watching "Ted's Notebook" last night I was astounded at the number of staff Mercedes have at the track when the majority of them gathered together for the team photo after the race so many I could not count as the camera kept changing angles but it looked something in the region of 80 -100.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Brundle has come out and said it was too much https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/3...in-saudi-arabian-gp-say-sky-sports-f1-pundits

I would say I agree with what he says. Verstappen is a fantastic raw talent and a complete natural but that doesn't make the best driver. You have to know where the line between fearless and reckless is and in my opinion he has over stepped that mark too often this season alone. I don't think the behaviour of the team has helped and it seems to have given him a feeling he's teflon (non-stick). Having said all that and whatever the rights and wrongs of the clashes between both drivers it does make it an epic conclusion to the season. Lets hope it's won by the better driver and not a "racing incident"

Those were Brundles comments from during the live race commentary. Here is his weekly column.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/2...verstappen-has-to-stop-these-hamilton-tactics

It's a very fair assessment of Verstappen.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First time I've mentioned him. So your point is that folks on this amateur golf forum have more idea about professional motor racing than an ex-driver?

Di Resta did not have all of the info at the time he did that analysis, did he? Wasn't it before the stewards revealed the telemetry data showing that Verstappen braked with considerable force? Di Resta was likely influenced by the statements coming from Marko, who has now apologised as what he said was incorrect.

The stewards decision and reasoning for it is very clear. What is left to discuss as far as apportionment of blame is concerned? There can be no doubt that it was predominantly Verstappen's fault.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Why does Max steer slightly left a couple of times when he’s already in the middle of the track and supposedly letting Hamilton past? ?
Like I said before. If a driver did this at any other race, in any other category it would result in an instant black flag and quite likely a ban. And a bit of fisticuffs.

But F1 has “the show” to think about. They will be loving this as it generates headlines, and appeals to those with short attention spans.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oops. So Max didn't brake test him after all?

Few red faces on here after watching those, but I doubt they'll admit it. Damon Hill will be wrong, Paul DiResta will be wrong, Anthony Hamilton will be wrong. No doubt :rolleyes:

This "video" is now totally irrelevant. The FIA report is the definitive finding; Max did brake and was seen to be largely (not exclusively) at fault and thus has a 10s penalty added to his race time and a couple of points on his racing licence. The end.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
First time I've mentioned him. So your point is that folks on this amateur golf forum have more idea about professional motor racing than an ex-driver?

PDR is so biased against Lewis he makes the Channel 4 coverage look balanced and impartial.
Maybe go and do some research on why.

As I have already said. There are far more people who think what Max did should have resulted in stronger penalty, than you will find saying Max did nothing wrong.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
?Geri could sing, every days a skool day ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I seriously hope there is not a definite "crashing moment" in the last race but if there is I hope the penalty will be the same as they gave to Michael Schumacher i.e a points deduction.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Will Lewis use a new engine for this last race?

I very much doubt it. The grid place penalty could get him behind the 8-ball.

He still has the ‘rocket’ engine in from
Brazil….though I imagine they may use a different engine in practice so as to not put miles on it.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
With regard to Lewis Hamilton and his many engines that he has used this year (cheating? :unsure:) can anyone explain why he got a 10 place penalty for the first extra engine and only 5 places for the 2nd? Surely the 2nd rule breach should have a stricter penalty as it was a repeat offence.

Swango1980

Visit site
With regard to Lewis Hamilton and his many engines that he has used this year (cheating? :unsure:) can anyone explain why he got a 10 place penalty for the first extra engine and only 5 places for the 2nd? Surely the 2nd rule breach should have a stricter penalty as it was a repeat offence.
From what I understand, the first breach of going over the 3 engine limit is 10 grid slots within the regulations, breaches thereafter are 5 slots. I think the majority of drivers / teams have had to take at least one penalty for going beyond the limit this season.