F1 2021

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Imagine if you can...
Last minute of qualifying on Saturday.
Max has stuck it on provisional pole and Lewis is going for the big one.
Suddenly, one of the Alpha Tauris has a bit of a wobble on coming into sector three and the yellows are waved, thereby cocking up his attempt at pole position.
Nah ...too far fetched to even think about isn't it???
?????
Or reverse the scenario and it’s George??

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Imagine if you can...
Last minute of qualifying on Saturday.
Max has stuck it on provisional pole and Lewis is going for the big one.
Suddenly, one of the Alpha Tauris has a bit of a wobble on coming into sector three and the yellows are waved, thereby cocking up his attempt at pole position.
Nah ...too far fetched to even think about isn't it???
?????

Blimey, all these conspiracy theories work for all drivers, Valteri takes out Max, anyone takes out Max or Lewis and so on. Imagine Lewis on the last corner, clips the wall, someone farted in the crowd and put him off.....

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
This will be like most cup finals.

Hype, hype, hype and more hype. Boring event.

If the start is clean, I very much suspect one of them will drive off into the distance, Crofty will do his best to inject some tension by I suspect there won’t be much.

Or it could easily come down to a sticky wheel nut, which would be a poor way to end.

What I do want to see are just 4 world champions doing donuts to see Kimi off, presuming he hasn’t crashed or gone for a s…

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m a combination of chuffed and incredibly envious of my brother in law this weekend.

He’s on an all expenses paid trip with his boss and select colleagues / key clients to the race. Flew out last night business class to Dubai with emirates, and he’s got corporate hospitality tickets to qualifying and the race before flying home.

All of this is a totally new experience for him having been in a job for the previous 25 years where he’s been totally unappreciated. With a nudge from me and the missus he took the plunge and moved, and this is his reward ? (well, that and a better paid job that doesn’t treat him like part of the furniture).

On balance, given he’s a big f1 fan, I’m more chuffed than envious. What an experience for any race, let alone one that is teed up to be as iconic as this one ?

4LEX

Visit site
I’m a combination of chuffed and incredibly envious of my brother in law this weekend.

He’s on an all expenses paid trip with his boss and select colleagues / key clients to the race. Flew out last night business class to Dubai with emirates, and he’s got corporate hospitality tickets to qualifying and the race before flying home.

All of this is a totally new experience for him having been in a job for the previous 25 years where he’s been totally unappreciated. With a nudge from me and the missus he took the plunge and moved, and this is his reward ? (well, that and a better paid job that doesn’t treat him like part of the furniture).

On balance, given he’s a big f1 fan, I’m more chuffed than envious. What an experience for any race, let alone one that is teed up to be as iconic as this one ?

Gutted I'm not there, been a few times for the golf and F1 back to back. Such a shame they have messed the calender up to squeeze in the Saudi GP.

Hope your bro in law has a great time!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
“ I’m on the front row and at least I can see him “ ????

I think this will be a race where Lewis looks to obtain his advantage around his ability to go a one stopped and preserve his tyre life.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No matter what your opinion of Max is, tha was a hell of a qualifying lap. The differing tyre strategies now is going to make things really interesting tomorrow, especially if there's a safety car or two to chuck into the mix

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
No matter what your opinion of Max is, tha was a hell of a qualifying lap. The differing tyre strategies now is going to make things really interesting tomorrow, especially if there's a safety car or two to chuck into the mix

Unfortunately true.
It would be nice to see a race won purely on driver ability rather than pit strategy.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

‘Twas indeed a quality lap, but I rather get the impression that Redbull have gambled on a quali setup and turning everything up to 11, hoping that track position at the start will be enough.

I can’t see the softs lasting very long if Max has Lewis pushing him. Redbull I feel need a timely safety car.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
‘Twas indeed a quality lap, but I rather get the impression that Redbull have gambled on a quali setup and turning everything up to 11, hoping that track position at the start will be enough.

I can’t see the softs lasting very long if Max has Lewis pushing him. Redbull I feel need a timely safety car.

Conspiracy theory alert - Perez or one of the Alpha Tauri cars to have a strategic crash at a point on the circuit where a safety car is needed?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

It was ,he did get a little help though:)

If you was Lewis would you stay close to Max or stay behind and hope his tyres go off .
If I was Lewis I wouldn’t go near him until the overtake was a guarantee.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Conspiracy theory alert - Perez or one of the Alpha Tauri cars to have a strategic crash at a point on the circuit where a safety car is needed?
I think the precedent set at Singapore in 2008(?) when Piquet was told to deliberately crash so a safety car would help Alonso win has made any such move impossible. The penalties for the team(s) involved would be enormous. Even Red Bull wouldn't pull a stunt like that.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the precedent set at Singapore in 2008(?) when Piquet was told to deliberately crash so a safety car would help Alonso win has made any such move impossible. The penalties for the team(s) involved would be enormous. Even Red Bull wouldn't pull a stunt like that.

Would it not be easy for a team to say to a driver, "If we tell you to conserve your tyres between the 35th and 40th lap you're to slide off at XX corner". Get to Lap 37 and Perez gets the radio call to save his tyres and slides off a couple of laps later. I'm not a diehard F1 fan so don't know all the intricacies to know whether or not that's feasible.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you was Lewis would you stay close to Max or stay behind and hope his tyres go off .
If I was Lewis I wouldn’t go near him until the overtake was a guarantee.
I'm actually quite glad Max is in front, it means he should be out the way for the first few corners. If Lewis can keep him within drs range and with the extra speed of the merc he should be able to the overcut is likely to work well, assuming no one gets a cheap safety car pit stop that is!