F1 2021

Swango1980

Visit site
Because he wanted Lewis to pass and they were coming to the DRS zone. Of course I guess that's not the "guess" Lewis fanboys want to put on it?
Just another pointless contribution, where criticism is made of Max, and you try and turn it into an argument about Lewis. Like it makes a difference as to whether is was Lewis or any other driver behind Max.

Lewis would have passed Max if Max had simply moved to the side of the circuit and continued at that slow pace. Instead, when Lewis was directly behind him, he suddenly hit the brakes. Whether he was brake testing him, whether he wanted Lewis to crash or whether he simply wanted Lewis to get past quickly before DRS line does not really matter (well, it matters in the sense, but we can only speculate what was going through his head). What matters is it was extremely dangerous and careless. It was a crazy decision.

Max is a fast driver, but I suspect he has a few screws loose in that head of his. At 24, he drives like a child. If it was a driver down the field, they'd be getting criticism from all quarters. But, because he is the only one giving Lewis a fight at the top, he is getting away with murder. And he can do no wrong as far as Red Bull are concerned.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
For me the problem with the Max and Lewis problem is that “ fans” and “ haters” of both drivers are trying to defend there driver. Even to the extent of ignoring facts. All Verstappen had to do was move to one side or the other, he had numerous chances to do that. He could of even chosen his preferred side to move over. What did he do, sit in the middle of the track and hit his brakes. How can you ignore that. More importantly how can you try and defend his actions.
This title race should be the most exciting one for years based upon driving and yet Max has turned it into a dangerous side show. With the powers that be allowing him. They are setting a very dangerous precedent at a time when safety measures implemented are paramount to the sport.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not necessarily no of course, however when he falls out with every single one who challenges him, then there's an issue. Only Bottas seems to have avoided that because he's not seen as a threat

He didn’t fall out with Kovalainen or button either. To be fair, I’d like to see an example of two teammates battling it out for the championship that were able to remain friends?

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Just another pointless contribution, where criticism is made of Max, and you try and turn it into an argument about Lewis. Like it makes a difference as to whether is was Lewis or any other driver behind Max.

Lewis would have passed Max if Max had simply moved to the side of the circuit and continued at that slow pace. Instead, when Lewis was directly behind him, he suddenly hit the brakes. Whether he was brake testing him, whether he wanted Lewis to crash or whether he simply wanted Lewis to get past quickly before DRS line does not really matter (well, it matters in the sense, but we can only speculate what was going through his head). What matters is it was extremely dangerous and careless. It was a crazy decision.

Max is a fast driver, but I suspect he has a few screws loose in that head of his. At 24, he drives like a child. If it was a driver down the field, they'd be getting criticism from all quarters. But, because he is the only one giving Lewis a fight at the top, he is getting away with murder. And he can do no wrong as far as Red Bull are concerned.
Good een, coming from you.

Lewis was at fault for not overtaking, the contortions some are coming out with to make him appear blameless is ridiculous. "he didn't know what Max was doing so didn't overtake"? Really? Since when was that ever a thing in F1? Maybe on a foggy side road in Aberdeenshire a degree of caution might be called for, but on a wide open straight on an F1 curcuit? Come on, laughable.

And no we "can't speculate what went through his head", he already said that he slowed to let him past and couldn't understand why he wasn't passing, so slowed further (by dipping the brakes), if Lewis hadn't fannied around, he'd have been past no problem.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
He didn’t fall out with Kovalainen or button either. To be fair, I’d like to see an example of two teammates battling it out for the championship that were able to remain friends?
He did fall out with Button in the end.

Jim Clark and Graham Hill?
Jackie Stewart & Graham Hill?
Nikki Lauda?
Mario Andretti?
Fangio?
Moss?
Hawthorn?
Brabham?
Rindt?
Alan Jones?
Damon Hill?
Kimi?

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site

Lewis was at fault for not overtaking, the contortions some are coming out with to make him appear blameless is ridiculous.

No, he wasn't. Hence 2 penalty points on Max's license. Let's not turn this into the cesspit that is F1 twitter.

He could of done more to evade it, but Max used his car in a dangerous manner that caused it all. End.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

Lewis was at fault for not overtaking, the contortions some are coming out with to make him appear blameless is ridiculous. "he didn't know what Max was doing so didn't overtake"? Really? Since when was that ever a thing in F1? Maybe on a foggy side road in Aberdeenshire a degree of caution might be called for, but on a wide open straight on an F1 curcuit? Come on, laughable.

And no we "can't speculate what went through his head", he already said that he slowed to let him past and couldn't understand why he wasn't passing, so slowed further (by dipping the brakes), if Lewis hadn't fannied around, he'd have been past no problem.

If you’re going to troll a discussion, at least try a bit harder. Applying 69bar of breaking pressure causing 2.4g of retardation, is a smidge more than dipping the breaks. But I’m sure you know that ?

Just in case you didn’t. For context, an F1 car will typically see 1g of retardation just by lifting off the accelerator down a main straight. A typical family car would need to be doing a full on emergency stop to see the same.

Swango1980

Visit site

That statement is simply comical. Like him or not, most will agree that Hamilton is one of the best drivers in the world. Now, I appreciate you may have driven up to 80mph on a motorway and are therefore a much better position to tell us Hamilton is to blame. However, I am going to go with the safe option here. I suspect Hamilton had no desire at all to smash into the back of a Formula 1 car at high speed. I also assume he wanted to go past Max. We have no idea when he was told Max would be letting him past, or when it dawned on him. However, even if it dawned on him at the last minute that Max was going to let him past, 100% fair play to him by having the awareness to tactically slow down himself to ensure it was not before the DRS line. If Max is allowed to significantly slow down to try and use the DRS line to his advantage and control when Lewis passes, then Lewis should also be afforded the same allowance to choose when he passes tactically.

Regardless, that is all speculation. It is a lot to process in fractions of seconds, especially if Lewis was not aware of what was about to happen. Simple fact is, Max tried to tactically let Lewis past that would work to Max's advantage. Hamilton did not do so, so Max just desperately slammed on the brakes. Absolutely crazy.

You are the only person I've heard say Lewis was at fault, at that comment alone indicates you really have no clue what you are on about. It is simply a case that you are arguing for the sake of it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
No, he wasn't. Hence 2 penalty points on Max's license. Let's not turn this into the cesspit that is F1 twitter.

He could of done more to evade it, but Max used his car in a dangerous manner that caused it all. End.

like I said, some folk ignore the facts. ?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Some of you guys seem to know a lot about F1 and I bow to your superior knowledge.

Just a quickie and no googling. Probably easy for the majority

What are the 2 scenarios where The Championship will be tied before Max wins?

yandabrown

Visit site
oops, pressed wrong button
1) Both fail to finish in the points
2) Max is last but Hamilton gets point for fastest lap
3) Max is 9th and Hamilton 10th but Hamilton gets point for fastest lap

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Because he wanted Lewis to pass and they were coming to the DRS zone. Of course I guess that's not the "guess" Lewis fanboys want to put on it?

I’ve just twigged. You’re Verstappen!! Or maybe you have a guide dog in your car. Whatever we might think, the stewards have called it. They are the experts not us. As someone else said, go and read the FIA report…

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Lewis at fault for overtaking… you need your head read. It’s up to Lewis to decide if he wants to overtake at that point. The expectation is he would but the rule states Verstappen has to give up the place, not that Hamilton has to take it. Give it a rest, you’re coming across as a bit silly now.

D

Deleted member 15344

They had the Sky F1 guy this morning going through past incidents on the last day and also general discussion about Verstappen - his stance was that at times Verstappen gets a bit too labelled the bad guy but doesn’t help himself

He is put the slowing down incident as poor communication with Verstappen trying to be a bit clever when he was doing it but certainly no fault on Hamilton