Exclusive Forum Giveaway - Win a pair of the NEW FootJoy FURY golf shoes

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
Adare Manor - The Top 100 list is full of top quality golf courses, but maybe most are traditional, whereas Adare has completely refreshed itself and I’d like to see what a truly excellent modern golf course would be like to play/experience. The new clubhouse looks amazing as well.

As this is a competition I’ll bring it back to Footjoy and suggest that maybe the Fury is their take on ‘doing an Adare’ and producing a thoroughly up to date, modern take on the golf shoe - It’s hard to argue the styling is not ‘fresh’

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
For me it has the be Machrihanish. It's been on my bucket list for a long time. I love a good links course. I've heard great things about Machrihanish and the thought of standing on that famous first tee is really something I'm looking forward to.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
not a contender as it's not yet made the top 100, but....

I'd like the chance to play the Centurion, so I could walk the same course as our friend Rickg

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
T’was fifty years ago that this lad from the hills of Devon

First set on his eye on a golfer's heaven.

Wentworth, the course that’s hosted golf’s cream,

a place of manicured grass and big houses generated a dream.

To live in a place with such views – - well what’s not to like?

Mind you, as a teen, my wages would need a very substantial hike!

Now many years on the bedroom view is of the fairway at eighteen

and over the garden is the dogleg to hole ten’s par 4 green.

It might not be Wentworth’s pampered and hallowed turf,

but for me I still play it with passion and give everything I’m worth.

I still remember the first visit that led to my golfing dream

from those days when I was just a teen.

So Mike you now have the task as judge and jury:

perhaps my silly ditty might be worth a pair of the Footjoy Fury !!
Nice words, but don’t think you will find Wentworth in the GM top 100 courses.

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
St Andrews Old Course.
It's just a classic and steeped in history and it's shameful that I still haven't played it yet.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Royal Liverpool....
Last time out kid (Junior) won a certain auction at HfH to play it with our very own Mike H and offered it me as a present..... brotherly love and all that.
Then went and booked said day on a school day so I couldn’t play.... 😂😂😂😭😭😭

NearHull

Visit site
I would love to play Royal Lytham with my wife. We lived in Lytham for a couple of years before I retired but couldn’t justify spending that much on green fees. The company that I worked for did have corporate membership but that ticket never seemed to get to the lower bottom feeders!

SteveBonners

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It is hard to know whether to look towards a course still on the "bucket list" or to look back on a course played.
Decided to look back on the gem of North Yorkshire that is Ganton which I was lucky enough to play some years ago
From the unassuming turnoff from the main Scarborough road ,you take the long country road which has the trees slanting in the direction of the prevailing wind .
As you pull up to the classic clubhouse you know that you are in for a special day. The inside of the clubhouse is full of memorabilia with items from it's history in the Walker/ Ryder cup.
Then to the golf course which tests you on every shot. The yellow gorse looks wonderful in the landscape but got to make sure you ball does not finish in there otherwise it is time to reload.
The fast running healthland turf was a treat to walk on after the usual courses built on clay that I am use to. Then there are the bunkers . These were "real" bunkers where getting out was the achievement . Sometimes not always first time as was the case on the 16th!! Lots of great holes but the 16th and 18th are a tough finish.
Can remember sitting in the clubhouse looking out across the Course think how I would do things different if I came back again. Keep the driver in the bag a bit more and keep the ball in play is the priority. For that reason I must come back to experience the atmosphere of Ganton again and try to learn from that first wonderful day of golf.

As you leave the clubhouse and turn out on the A64 it was like coming back into the current time. A wonderful venue which his full of history but still very much a challenge for modern day golfers and equipment.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17920

Royal St George’s.

With the shoes been waterproof I guess it would be good to wear them there as it always rains when the forum visit Kent 😱

Hackers76

Visit site
Royal Portrush if I had to choose just one. I have been following with great interest the changes they have made for The Open and the new holes combined with a sellout crowd should make for a great tournament. To try the course while this years Open is still fresh in the memory would be something special.

LGC2019

Visit site
I'd love to play Adare Manor as it simply looks amazing. Not played there before but I have played a few other top tracks in Ireland and neither the golf, or the hospitality fails to deliver.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
West hill.
I drive past it every day and peer down what I can see of the fairways. On a sunny morning the low sun shining through the pine trees is just something else. I don’t think I have ever seen a bad photo of West Hill.

kavtheman

Visit site
I'd have to choose Royal Lytham and St. Annes. I had visited Blackpool a few times over the years to play rugby and will never forget the 2001 Open when David Duval won and I was part of an incredible crowd on the 18th. A special place!

matt611

Head Pro
Visit site
North Berwick for me. I saw some photos of it and thought it looked great, that led me to read up about it and it seems like a great members club.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would love to plat the Old Course at St Andrews again, I played it a few years ago in the worst of weather, I loved the atmosphere that was tangible on every hole, I hated the hypothermia that I came away with.