Exam results

adamk15

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well I get my standard grade (scotland) results tomoro. Although the exams were okay my older sister got 8 1's :eek:(you can't get better) a few years back so feeling a bit of pressure haha!

Anyone else got/getting theres? :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It was o levels in my day and CSE which was much more like todays GCSE and relied more on coursework which I felt was much fairer. I only did one CSE in maths and got a grade 1 after failing my O level the year before.

I did manage to take English Language a year early (at 14) and passed with flying colours. In the end I got 2 A/O's (intermediate exams between A and O level standard) 3 O levels and a CSE grade 1. Not bad as I spent most of the 5th form bunking off and working in the golf shop as the assistant for £40 per week cash in hand

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Thankfully it was so far back in the mists of time that I've forgotten what it feels like!!

Good luck - hope you get what you need.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
left school before I took GCE (which were all there were then) to join the navy, partially because I didn't like school (or the one I attended anyway).
so what did the navy do, made me an apprentice and sent me to school!

Jamie_N

Medal Winner
Visit site
Got my third year uni exams a wee while back, passed them all to give me an ordinanry degree! Going back for honours this year!
I remember my standard grades and highers very well and I left school at the end of fifth year to go to uni!
I got 6 1s and 2 2s for standard grade which I was elated with!
I didnt do as well in my highers getting 3 As and 2 Ds, which was a wee bit bittersweet! 3 As being really good, but the Ds not! Whatever you get remember its not definitive in any way, despite getting 2 Ds the uni phoned me that morning to say that they would still allow me entry, providing I could attend a two week course to prove my proficiency!
Plus you have 5th and 6th year to go still!
Good luck and wishing you the best!
Jamie