Equal Division Splits in IG

D-S

Visit site
I understood from a thread here that it was possible in IG to split divisions in competitions by number of entrants, not by handicaps. Apparently we have been advised by IG that this is not possible.
Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

wjemather

Visit site
The only ISV that I know has such a facility is HandicapMaster. I requested it from ClubV1 a couple of years ago, but have heard nothing since.

Reactions: D-S

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We do it on our IG system so there must be a way. Sorry but I do not have admin rights but will ask when I see the manager.

However when we split by number of players it will still be in handicap divisions it is just the handicap split in each division that changes. e.g 0-10 might become 0-12.

wjemather

Visit site
We do it on our IG system so there must be a way. Sorry but I do not have admin rights but will ask when I see the manager.

However when we split by number of players it will still be in handicap divisions it is just the handicap split in each division that changes. e.g 0-10 might become 0-12.
If it's the same as ClubV1, someone will be manually setting the division boundaries.

D-S

Visit site

That would be really helpful if you could find out - as I mentioned someone on here suggested it was possible on IG but they said it wasn’t.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That would be really helpful if you could find out - as I mentioned someone on here suggested it was possible on IG but they said it wasn’t.

Had a chat with the manager today and he said it is basically a manual function.

In the Divisions tab he initially sets up the comp to our normal divisions split .

In an active comp, when the results are in he checks the numbers and firstly alters the number of divisions accordingly (we have 1,2 or 3 based upon the number of entrants) then he previews the results and looks at the number in each Division and adjusts the handicap divisions to even out the number of players in each division.

D-S

Visit site
Had a chat with the manager today and he said it is basically a manual function.

In the Divisions tab he initially sets up the comp to our normal divisions split .

In an active comp, when the results are in he checks the numbers and firstly alters the number of divisions accordingly (we have 1,2 or 3 based upon the number of entrants) then he previews the results and looks at the number in each Division and adjusts the handicap divisions to even out the number of players in each division.
Thanks that is useful. I would have preferred it to be automatic as per HandicapMaster - our HC will make a suggestion to IG.

AshtonDavies

Visit site
It's generally possible to split a competition into divisions based on the number of entrants, not just by handicap.
To split a competition into divisions based on the number of entrants, you can use a feature called "Fixed Divisions" in IG. This feature allows you to set a fixed number of divisions based on the total number of entrants in the competition, rather than by handicap. Once you have set up fixed divisions, you can assign players to each division based on their position on the entry list.
Here's how to set up Fixed Divisions in IG:
  1. Navigate to the competition in question in IG and click on the "Setup" tab.
  2. Under "Division Setup," click on "Fixed Divisions."
  3. Enter the total number of divisions you want to create in the "Number of Divisions" field.
  4. In the "Divisions" section, you can now assign players to each division based on their position on the entry list.
It's important to note that while Fixed Divisions can be used to split a competition into divisions based on the number of entrants, it may not be the best option if you want to create divisions based on handicap. In this case, you can use IG's "Automatic Divisions" feature, which divides players into divisions based on their handicaps.
If you're still having trouble setting up divisions in IG, I suggest reaching out to IG's customer support team for further assistance.

D-S

Visit site
It's generally possible to split a competition into divisions based on the number of entrants, not just by handicap.
To split a competition into divisions based on the number of entrants, you can use a feature called "Fixed Divisions" in IG. This feature allows you to set a fixed number of divisions based on the total number of entrants in the competition, rather than by handicap. Once you have set up fixed divisions, you can assign players to each division based on their position on the entry list.
Here's how to set up Fixed Divisions in IG:
  1. Navigate to the competition in question in IG and click on the "Setup" tab.
  2. Under "Division Setup," click on "Fixed Divisions."
  3. Enter the total number of divisions you want to create in the "Number of Divisions" field.
  4. In the "Divisions" section, you can now assign players to each division based on their position on the entry list.
It's important to note that while Fixed Divisions can be used to split a competition into divisions based on the number of entrants, it may not be the best option if you want to create divisions based on handicap. In this case, you can use IG's "Automatic Divisions" feature, which divides players into divisions based on their handicaps.
If you're still having trouble setting up divisions in IG, I suggest reaching out to IG's customer support team for further assistance.
thank you - I will ask our HC to give this a look.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site

I do it this way in competion settings - Custom Divisions - Add a Division - then select one from the drop down. We tend to use Competition handicap or specific players if we have a Specific comp inside the main comp

1679347904353.png1679347904353.png