English Amateur Championship

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Is on at Seaton Carew and Hartlepool this week. I've just driven past Seaton and seen them on the practise ground, which unfortunately may be as close as I get this week.

I'd love to get across there and see them in action if I can find a window.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not The English Amateur but "The Big 6" is being held at my Club Ulverston tomorrow.

These are the top 6 County players from 6 Northern Counties plus IOM. Some of the players will be off around +5 so should be some great golf.
We have a couple of players from our Club playing but Yorkshire are extremely strong and expect them to win.

Live scoring is on Golf Genius for anybody that is interested.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Not The English Amateur but "The Big 6" is being held at my Club Ulverston tomorrow.

These are the top 6 County players from 6 Northern Counties plus IOM. Some of the players will be off around +5 so should be some great golf.
We have a couple of players from our Club playing but Yorkshire are extremely strong and expect them to win.

Live scoring is on Golf Genius for anybody that is interested.
A bloke from our place is representing Durham, they are in a good place at the moment, they beat Yorkshire in an away fixture a few weeks back, first time in 16 years.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
A bloke from our place is representing Durham, they are in a good place at the moment, they beat Yorkshire in an away fixture a few weeks back, first time in 16 years.
Yorkshire had a lot at Seaton Carew but didn't do too well.

NearHull

Visit site
I think Yorkshire has circa 10% of the total number of clubs in England, I suppose that equates to circa 90,000 men players ( 180x500). One or two of them have got to be good.😊

Last edited:

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
They had been pretty dominant over the last few years but ...
There is a link to live scoring on Ulverston Golf Club Facebook Page, 2nd post down for anybody interested.

The scores are up dated after 6/12 and of course 18 holes.

Long way to go and when I went earlier today a lad from Cumbria was -3 after 12. The fellow competitor from Lancashire who plays off +4 was 6 over after 12.

Long way to go.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I would really promote watching Amateur championships to those who have not done so
Bonus is it is free. (y)

Quite a few years ago I spent an amazing hour and a half at Turnberry watching Tommy Fleetwood v Nicholas Colesart in the UK&I v Mainland Europe encounter.
Just me Tommy's dad [caddying, great guy] and the two players, pretty sure that they did not even have a referee.
Some of the best golf I have ever witnessed.
In the 9/10 holes I watched I don't think one hole was won with a par [or more]