Employment experts....Enforced holiday at Xmas.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
thing that annoyed me most was Christmas eve when you were allowed to go home at lunchtime but if you didn't go in you had to take the whole day as holiday.

My company now gives half day on Xmas eve, or the last working day which doesn't come out of personal allowance. We can work from home in the morning, or take 1/2 day if we want the full day off. A couple of years back they did employ a forced closure and made us all take the days out of our allowance. It was the first and only time they've done that in the 20 years I've been here, I don't think it went down too well as they haven't employed it again since.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
My company now gives half day on Xmas eve, or the last working day which doesn't come out of personal allowance. We can work from home in the morning, or take 1/2 day if we want the full day off. A couple of years back they did employ a forced closure and made us all take the days out of our allowance. It was the first and only time they've done that in the 20 years I've been here, I don't think it went down too well as they haven't employed it again since.

I used to let the staff go Christmas Eve lunchtime, much to the MD's disgust - I covered the office. My argument was wanted them away before the drunks came out of the pubs and tried to drive home.