Embedding a file for display in an email

jmcp

Visit site
Hi,

I have been trying to embed a pdf file into an email so that the recipients will not have to open an attachéd file but I’m having issues with this. After a bit of googling, I found a mention of pdf files that are more than 1 page long will not embed, will only attach so, I spilt the file into 2 separate files and attached them to the email and as if by magic, they displayed fine on my iPad, my laptop and my phone but, I sent them to 3 friends to get this fix tested and 2 of them (1 android phone ) recieved the email with file attachments that had to be opened and 1 of them it displayed correctly on their Apple phone when they opened it.

This email will eventually go out to several hundred folks and I want to try and alleviate any issues with people being concerned about opening attached files, any suggestions on a way to fix this ? The source of the file is an Apple pages newsletter exported as a pdf. Thanks.

Cheers, John

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Won't having the PDF already opened make the email much bigger, and anyone who has restrictions on opening large files with their phone will have an issue?
Personally I would prefer to see a PDF attachment to open when I want to:)

jmcp

Visit site
Won't having the PDF already opened make the email much bigger, and anyone who has restrictions on opening large files with their phone will have an issue?
Personally I would prefer to see a PDF attachment to open when I want to:)

The file is only 1mb so not a big issue for people these days. A lot of people are concerned about opening file attachments these days.

Cheers, John

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
The file is only 1mb so not a big issue for people these days. A lot of people are concerned about opening file attachments these days.

Cheers, John
Better to send the files as an attachment - that they can check for virus etc if they wish - than imbedding it/them - where it/they would open automatically!

jmcp

Visit site
Screenshot it as picture….

I completely ignored this option from the very beginning as I assumed the images wouldn’t scale properly but I couldn’t be more wrong, just tried it out and it looks just dandy. Thanks.

Cheers, John