Electric trolleys

HPIMG

Visit site
I am thinking about getting an electric trolly, I have always carried but last few weeks backs been getting tight and thinking electric trolly will probably help.
What is the go to brand I’m just wanting a electric trolly I don’t need a built in range finder or anything else and do you need to charge them after every round ?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am thinking about getting an electric trolly, I have always carried but last few weeks backs been getting tight and thinking electric trolly will probably help.
What is the go to brand I’m just wanting a electric trolly I don’t need a built in range finder or anything else and do you need to charge them after every round ?
If you pay a bit more for a '36 hole' battery then they easily do 2, possibly 3 rounds (flat courses) on a single charge. Even hilly courses will manage 2 rounds between charges.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
If you pay a bit more for a '36 hole' battery then they easily do 2, possibly 3 rounds (flat courses) on a single charge. Even hilly courses will manage 2 rounds between charges.
Also comes in handy when you’ve forgotten to put it on charge after a round 😄

Motocaddy S1 would be my recommendation.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Go Kart have a good following and my wife likes hers not use if there is one with a 36 hole battery. They have a reputation for reliability and good service at a reasonable price. If you don't like carrying and are not sure push trolleys work well.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Another one here for the GoKart. I've still got the Mk.1 that's over 10 years old. I've looked at the Mk.2 but, whilst I like the improvements, there is absolutely nothing wrong my current one that I need to upgrade it. Good customer service and great reliability. Being (very solid) plastic, it doesn't rust and is a doddle to put up and down.
Definitely go for a Lithium battery.
I charge mine after every round. They charge very quickly and hold the charge well. Also, a lot lighter than lead acid.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Also comes in handy when you’ve forgotten to put it on charge after a round 😄

Motocaddy S1 would be my recommendation.
The new Motocaddy SE looks like a good buy at £499 with lithium battery. I bought a 2nd hand S1 a few months ago, and it's fine, but if I knew this was coming out, I'd have waited.

ForeRighty

Head Pro
Visit site
I brought a Motocaddy SE yesterday, 36 hole battery and nice neutral black and graphite colour.

Only downside is no speed dial number setting.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
The Powakaddy CT6 folds up very small and I can fit it in the boot along with cartbag and not remove the woods. If you're over 6' tall, you may find the handle a little low, even when raised fully.
Only reason I swapped from GoKart was the space issue, as I hate putting seats down or taking clubs out of the bag. Those are very good trolleys for the money.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
This is only good advice if you buy lithium, if you go lead acid battery you will cause premature wear operating like this.

To OP, go for GoKart, no bells and whistles, lithium battery option is cheap, but trollies are sturdy.

HPIMG

Visit site
I called the pro shop and my local course. Pro said he can do me a deal on a motocaddy s1 36 hole lithium battery. £450. Had a look online and they seem to be quite a bit more expensive so I should take that deal fast ?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I called the pro shop and my local course. Pro said he can do me a deal on a motocaddy s1 36 hole lithium battery. £450. Had a look online and they seem to be quite a bit more expensive so I should take that deal fast ?
Yes

Charlatan30

Visit site
I've had my Powerbug trolley around a year now and have absolutely no complaints. No nonsense trolley at a great price, trade in available and good customer service.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
If that is brand new with full warranty, then absolutely. Sometimes pro's offer ex-rental trollies at a reduced price.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
I've had my Powerbug trolley around a year now and have absolutely no complaints. No nonsense trolley at a great price, trade in available and good customer service.
if they offer £50 on you trolley and you still want it as a spare, trade in a cheap, pull trolley.

I've had a couple of problems with my Powerbug but they've replaced the main board and the battery connector without any fuss. Stuff happens; it's how it's handled that matters.

The batteries are small; smaller than a brick but a bit more cuboid.

I'd had the previous one for years and when the battery faded, rather than by a new battery, I decided to get a new trolley with downhill control.

Daff

Hacker
Visit site
I bought an ex demo Motocaddy M1 direct from their site - it came pretty much indistinguishable from new and was quite a bit cheaper than new - might be worth a look?