Electric Trolley Recommendation

Chrisb83

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Coming up to my birthday and considering getting an electric trolley.

Probably going to be second hand so any pointers on problems to look out for would be helpful.

Definitely want a lithium battery and play flat courses so 18 holes size will suffice.

Boot space can be a bit tight if I’m picking friends up to play as well so something compact would be better.

There is a powakaddy fw7s gps that I could get for £400/£450 that looks new but not sure if I’d use the gps as I’ve already got a Garmin s6 watch which I just use for middle of the green distance. So I’m thinking I’m paying for bits I don’t really need.

I can’t work out what the difference is between the fw7 2017 and fw7 2019 is either and how you’d tell the. Apart.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'd go with one of the Motocaddy trolleys. There are a number of different models, but the M1 Pro folds down quite small if boot space is limited.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
My wife has a GoKart and I can confirm that their after sales service is absolutely first class.
However it does bother me that she's had to avail herself of it so often!
My main beef with it is that when folded it's a daft shape that doesn't fit nicely in a boot in any orientation.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm another gokart user, recently upgraded to lithium, and can comfortably get 54 holes from the 36 hole battery, since ownership (about 2010) it's had one new bearing in the front wheel and two services, and as said just upgrade from lead to lithium.
each service extends the warranty period by 2 years, so in effect after purchase if the trolley is serviced bi-annually it never runs out of warranty, this costs around £1 a week,

hacker_al

Club Champion
Visit site
Another GoKart user here, had it since 2010, replaced the front wheel bearing once. I did have it upgraded to the automatic handle about 3 years ago. Awesome bit of kit and a really good company to deal with.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They were selling off old stock of the first model for under £300, might be worth a call if you were interested in a gokart.