Electric or Push Trolley?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had several electric trolleys but swapped to a push trolley about 18 months ago.

The reasons for this were

1) Longevity of battery - never exceeded much more than a year before requiring replacement (never tried lithium)
2) The electric trolleys also seem to last 2 to 3 years before needing replacement or expensive repairs (got a dead GoKart in garage awaiting repair for 18 months now)
3) My current course is quite flat - played a few which are much more hilly and if a member there would probably consider a return to electric
4) Push trolleys have improved so much over recent years they are light, efficient and sturdy

lithium is the way forward in batteries

i have had 2 electric trolleys.. the motocaddy I have now I got in 2013 I think it was.. still goes strong, got a 36 hole battery on it never had a problem

puttmore89

Hacker
Visit site
As others have said its personal preference and really depends how much you value limiting exertion between shots. I had a Motocaddy M3 Pro, was a good trolley but the motor packed up and had to be sent back to have it replaced (twice), then after every round I would always forget to take out the battery to charge and have to unfold it at home to do so.... The motor was probably just bad luck and the battery thing was just me being forgetful. Be that as it may I got rid and now have an S1 Lite which for me on balance is less of a faff and I think its great.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
The amount I play I couldn't be bothered charging it all the time.

These remote control ones look ridiculous on the course to me.

Remote control is brilliant. I can walk around the course with my hands in my pockets keeping warm. In winter we have white lines around the greens where trolleys can't go. Saves lots of walking for someone like me who has a bad back & can't carry. And who cares what it looks like & why does it look ridiculous? I don't understand.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Remote control is brilliant. I can walk around the course with my hands in my pockets keeping warm. In winter we have white lines around the greens where trolleys can't go. Saves lots of walking for someone like me who has a bad back & can't carry. And who cares what it looks like & why does it look ridiculous? I don't understand.

i have to say the the vast majority of golfers see a person with a remote control trolley and say "knob"

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
I had a push trolley for years then a friend of mine passed me his old electric one when he upgraded. Not looked back ever since! Treated myself to a new electric one last year; would never go back now! Worth every Penny.

foiled

Hacker
Visit site
A couple of recommendations for GoKart trolleys, how do they compare to the likes of Motocaddy and Powakaddys? Pictures make them look a little plastic/brittle, but the price looks good, just don't want to buy cheap and buy twice

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
A couple of recommendations for GoKart trolleys, how do they compare to the likes of Motocaddy and Powakaddys? Pictures make them look a little plastic/brittle, but the price looks good, just don't want to buy cheap and buy twice

i have one and it is good but the automatic handle thing is a bit naff and its much louder than its competitors

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've had one for years, I think I got it a year after they first started production. and it's still going strong. It can be put up and down in less than a minute and as others say, customer service is excellent. I changed to a Lithium battery last year and that is just so much better. Light, charges faster and holds a charge better,

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've had one for years, I think I got it a year after they first started production. and it's still going strong. It can be put up and down in less than a minute and as others say, customer service is excellent. I changed to a Lithium battery last year and that is just so much better. Light, charges faster and holds a charge better,

Agree... had my GoKart some 4to 5yrs & has given excellent service. Same lithium battery still does 36holes. I remember RickG changed to GoKart cos his Stewart remote wouldn't do 2 rounds in a day. GoKart also packs very small. HIGHLY RECOMMEND⛳🏌️

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
At 37 and with a shot left knee I bit the bullet and went with a Big Mac auto fold.

I've have motocaddy leccy ones in that past as well as a Stewart z3 push. I find the leccy ones a bit of a faff having to charge etc, and as I use my car boot a lot at work it means loading / unloading after each round. I also wanted to keep an element of exercise in the golf so went push!

The big max auto flat fold is so much better made than the stewart and was almost half price. It also flats folds so thin that I could slip it behind the drivers seat if I was taking a mate for a game

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I don't see the electric trolley as being an issue. As I say, mine is up and down in a minute and when I put it away in the garage the battery is charged right next to it. The hardest bit is getting it back in it's carry bag.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
GO electric. It looks like your in a position to afford a good quality one, as I know people that have bought these cheaper ones and they have been pretty crappy. I had an S1 for about 6 years before emigrating to the US. I played a lot of golf and only ever had to replace the battery once.

When I sold it on it still worked perfectly and looked in great condition, so the Motocaddy does have a good durability to it.

Chisteve

Head Pro
Visit site
I have not had any problems with my auto Go Kart trolley I have lithum battery + they fold super easy and fits in my VW Golf boot well

I had problems with trolley bag and golf bag (tear in waterproof inner pocket) - they replaced with out question (later bag with water resistant zips) - excellent service