Electric or Push Trolley?

Tim19811

Visit site
I play Golf since 5 years. Before, I was a basketball player but I had to finish this sport due to severe problems with my knees. When I started to play golf, I carried my bag like most young players do because I thought an electric trolley is something especially for old people. As the pain in my knees got even worse, I decided to to buy a trolley: http://www.yourtrolley.de/golftrolley/model-1-streaker-edelstahl-golftrolley-10ah?c=5
I decided to buy an electric one because I always take tons of water and lots of balls with me and so my bag is really heavy.
After I bought the electric trolley I lost my shame (young guy vs electric trolley) and now, I am really happy with my descision. The positive aspect of the electro trolley is that I can focus better on my game on the last holes as I am not so exhausted like the time I was carrying my bag.
Best regards, Tim

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
A lady golfer I met on a golf trip last year told me that her 16 year old daughter had declared that she would only continue to play golf if she got an electric trolley for her birthday, and the mother found that totally adorable (and the girl got what she wanted, of course). The family seemed pretty well off, to be fair, so I am sure it did not fincancially ruin them, but i was still like "What a spoiled brat". My parents bought electric trolleys a few years ago, from a bonus that my mum got when she went into retirement, and given that they are both over 70 and really used to play a lot, I found that totally justified. But why a healthy, able bodied golfer should not be absolutely happy with a normal push trolley is beyond me, to be honest. Unless you play a very hilly course. In that case I understand that a motor trolley might be helpful.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Quite a number of the younger members at our course now use trolleys.
OK you could call it spoilt but no more money than parents spend on tablets, phones, PC's etc for their kids.
And if it gets her playing then why not?

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
My son played in an Ezego junior tournament on Sunday he is 10 years old his 2 playing partners were both 10 years old and both had motokaddy electric trolleys. My son had a 3 wheel push trolley. Seemed pretty stupid too me and my son said why do they have them my granny has one and she is 70 are they not fit or well....

I just shrugged and laughed...

To add it is not like the courses they are playing are even long or hilly. They average less than 2000 yards and are all 9 holes. Even twice round it's not like they are long.

I don't believe it gets them playing it's just lots of spare money, personally I push the fitness aspect and active side of it as much as the fun of playing. When playing with my two boys I tend to carry as well.

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Motocaddy S1 user for a few years now,luckily enough my wife organised it when she realised no matter how knackered I was after a round I'll never give up!!love it...never carry a full bag again....I say full because my 10 yr old and me play alternate shot together and a pencil bag and 4 clubs between us is plenty for that and light as a feather.why push/carry for 3-4 hrs ??? Madness!
if you have the means it's a no brainer imho

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Like many I resisted and persevered with a push trolley, but last week invested in a Powakaddy FW3i. Used it for 3 or 4 rounds now and absolutely love it.

At 52 I saw it an an investment. Whilst I can still carry (but after 9 holes i suffer a bit the next day) and can push a trolley with no real issues, I know that won't last forever and I hope my Powakaddy lasts for years (as its guaranteed for 5 years).

Played in a 36 hole Society day yesterday - first time I have done 36 in a day - and whilst I pushed every now and then in the afternoon to conserve battery power, it lasted the full 36 holes, keeping me fresh, and no doubt contributed to my scores of 34 pts and 35 pts on a course I had never seen before (Burford).

GeeJay

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've been using a Motocaddy S1 Lite push trolley for a few years and so far have resisted GASing for an electric trolley. Our course is pretty flat though, so maybe I'd think differently if we had more gradient to negotiate.