Electric caddy carts - slow play culprits

Albo

Visit site
Definitely coffee for me.
I sometimes go for the premium 3 piece option (coffee, milk and froth) your Costa’s your Starbuck’s. But honestly, for my standard of coffee drinking, the 2 piece (coffee and milk) Nescafé gold blend works just as well. Certainly at this time of year when it’s so cold anything will stop that coldness.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I sometimes go for the premium 3 piece option (coffee, milk and froth) your Costa’s your Starbuck’s. But honestly, for my standard of coffee drinking, the 2 piece (coffee and milk) Nescafé gold blend works just as well. Certainly at this time of year when it’s so cold anything will stop that coldness.
You're wrong! So wrong! 😉
Costa and Starbucks are not premium. They are horrendously poor quality! Notes is about the only chain coffee I can say is premium, although Nero isn't too bad (apart from that god-awful meerkat connection they now have!).
if you ever find yourself in Kendal, visit J.Atkinsons & Co coffee merchant for a quality cup of coffee.

Albo

Visit site
You're wrong! So wrong! 😉
Costa and Starbucks are not premium. They are horrendously poor quality! Notes is about the only chain coffee I can say is premium, although Nero isn't too bad (apart from that god-awful meerkat connection they now have!).
if you ever find yourself in Kendal, visit J.Atkinsons & Co coffee merchant for a quality cup of coffee.
I’m all for the idea of going for a fitting, but don’t want to travel that far, is there anywhere around the central belt of Scotland where I can get fit for my coffee?

D

Deleted member 31467

I love a coffee first thing and then tea throughout the day.
Assam for a general cuppa, but if we're talking "treat tea", then Lapsing is my drink of choice there.
I got custom fit at Whittards, but felt it wasn't all it could have been. A friend went for his fitting at Fortnum and Mason, and he said that was a top-class tea fitting.
I assume a fitting for lapsang is for the nose peg so that you don't get a whiff of the stuff as you drink it? 💩

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I’m all for the idea of going for a fitting, but don’t want to travel that far, is there anywhere around the central belt of Scotland where I can get fit for my coffee?
I'll have to leave that recommendation to my Scottish friends, but I have found that kitschnbake in Newport does rather good coffee, as does Balgove in St. Andrews.
If you're heading down the M6 towards England, Cairn Lodge services does a really nice coffee, as does Tebay services in Cumbria.
But I appreciate none of those are particularly close! 🤣

Albo

Visit site
I'll have to leave that recommendation to my Scottish friends, but I have found that kitschnbake in Newport does rather good coffee, as does Balgove in St. Andrews.
If you're heading down the M6 towards England, Cairn Lodge services does a really nice coffee, as does Tebay services in Cumbria.
But I appreciate none of those are particularly close! 🤣
Depends how much improvement it will make to my coffee drinking!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Coffee for me from when I wake up until about 1ish.

I’ll drink tea but mainly when I’ve got a packet of biscuits to get through.

My evening cuppa is a sleep aid or camomile tea

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I'm drinking strong black coffee right now. Made with a filter machine. A whole jug on the hotplate for the two of us.
"Instant" coffee is the lowest level of coffee there is - very poor.
Costa, Starbucks, Nero etc all overrated and overpriced. Doesn't stop me having one occasionally, though.
I don't put milk in my tea either. Twinings English breakfast at home.
When given a small jug of milk with a pot of tea in a cafe, I just swig that separately.
After-dinner tea is a different thing - something like Darjeeling or Earl Grey then and only then.
Good strong tea at all other times.
I might be drinking too much tea and coffee, but I drink a few mugs of boiled water in the evenings.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I somehow missed this thread when it was originally posted, and after reading a couple of pages can only say I'm glad that I did.

But coming back to the OP, I think in some cases he has a point and I with my pull trolley regularly find myself having to wait for the electric crew to catch up.

RichA

Visit site
I just gave away my pull trolley and now either carry or use my GoKart electric.
The electric is better for a speed round - it can shift as fast as I can jog between shots.
When I'm in less of a rush it leaves both hands free to roll a fag - impossible with a pull trolley.

Tesco mixed nuts and raisins are better than crisps.
I'm a coffee addict. Starbucks isn't coffee - it's Starbucks. It tastes like burnt mud and lacks sufficient caffeine for my needs.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
So where does everyone stand on cheesy chips?

It depends.... If they melt the cheese then top notch, if its pre grated and just dumped on top - get in the bin.

Bonus points for cheese mixed throughout and not just a pile on top then melted too... (I will say they do this very well at my club)