Eden Tournament 2019

D

Deleted Member 1156

Never played in the tournament before no but have played the Eden but about 30 years ago, I believe it's changed since.
Yes it's been changed around 14th and 15th. Both decent enough holes but very out of character with the rest of the course.

User20204

Visit site
Yes it's been changed around 14th and 15th. Both decent enough holes but very out of character with the rest of the course.

From memory it was holes at the start and end that made way for where the driving range is now was my understanding though my memory of any of the holes is in the distant past.

D

Deleted Member 1156

From memory it was holes at the start and end that made way for where the driving range is now was my understanding though my memory of any of the holes is in the distant past.
You may be right, I'm not sure. The 14th and 15th are definitely new right at the far end of the course, looks like maybe you used to play the current 13th then across to the current 16th so could be holes were lost nearer the clubhouse.

D

Deleted member 15717

I’m in the ballot. Guess we’ll see in a few weeks

D

Deleted member 17920

Cheers, that's disappointing for yourself, did you not say you took about 40 seconds to enter ??
I reckon it was that quick.took a while for the page to load though so I don’t know if that was a problem for me.

User20204

Visit site
It was strange because I had the entry up on two devices, my phone was 15 seconds ahead of my laptop. Yet when it ran down, it flashed "one moment" then my laptop ran down then it opened up but I was no quicker than you were.

D

Deleted member 17920

How were you informed you’d been given a slot? It appears I’ve missed out again 😕 Fingers crossed in the Ballot now 🤞
It’s just announced on the website. They don’t send you an email.

100 successful then the remaining lot, after the official closing date they redo the list and put up a full reserve list in handicap order, you can then hope you have a chance of getting in. I have zero chance 😂

D

Deleted Member 1156

How were you informed you’d been given a slot? It appears I’ve missed out again 😕 Fingers crossed in the Ballot now 🤞
Did you say you are down to 3.7 Mark? If so, book your accommodation now! You will get in, all the years I've played it the ballot has fallen around 4 point something then with drop outs nearer the time it has gone up to nearer 5 (y)

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
It’s just announced on the website. They don’t send you an email.

100 successful then the remaining lot, after the official closing date they redo the list and put up a full reserve list in handicap order, you can then hope you have a chance of getting in. I have zero chance 😂
Just had a look, didn’t make the first 100. Fingers crossed now...

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just had a look, didn’t make the first 100. Fingers crossed now...

Unusally they haven't put the remaining entries in handicap order, probably because of the special 40 they are doing this year.

In the Strathtyrum I am about 16th reserve at the minute the qualifying handicap is a lot lower than previous years.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did you say you are down to 3.7 Mark? If so, book your accommodation now! You will get in, all the years I've played it the ballot has fallen around 4 point something then with drop outs nearer the time it has gone up to nearer 5 (y)

This year they are giving 40 slots to previous players who can show that they deserve a place, so less available in the ballot so the handicap cut off will be lower than normal.

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
Message from Janet:

The Eden Tournament is always extremely popular and over-subscribed and this Centenary year, even more so.

I don’t want to give you false hope but there would be about 80 people on a reserve list ahead of you – in fact I wouldn’t even have that many on a reserve list, so I regret that unfortunately you will not be successful this year.

I regret that I cannot offer you any more positive news.