Driving Alignment

Tobyamu

Hacker
Visit site
At the moment my legs face towards the desired target however the rest of my body faces quite far left of the apparently, because of the ball being further up in my stance. Could anyone give me some driver alignment tips to get my whole body facing the target?

Thanks in advance

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am very far from being an expert do you mean at address?

I had a similar problem at address, which was causing or at least contributing to a horrendous slice. I booked a lesson with the local pro and he spotted it immediately - his tip to cure was to initially address the ball as though it was in the centre of your stance then move the club toward the ball by tilting the shouldrs - felt a little awkward at first, but seems natural now and certainly has corrected the slice / fade.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
At the moment my legs face towards the desired target however the rest of my body faces quite far left of the apparently, because of the ball being further up in my stance. Could anyone give me some driver alignment tips to get my whole body facing the target?

Thanks in advance

Hold on, you don’t want your body facing the target. You want your body parallel to the target line. Big big difference and if you’ve been lining your body to the target for some time then the correct way will seem weird at first, you might even have trouble hitting the ball until you get used to it.

It’s like a railway line……one is the target line with the ball, the other is your feet and shoulders parallel to that line. When you line up with the driver the ball should be roughly in line with your left heel.