Drivers

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was commented on in my opening thead that all decent golfers use drivers. Here I have a problem, my normal swing results in a slice, today I was told it was because I dont follow through properly. When I concentrate on trying to follow through I invariably hit the ball of the heel of the club.

Any tips?

D

Deleted Member 1156

A slice is caused by swinging on an 'out to in' swingpath. Rather than look for tips from people on here that have never seen you swing a club I would suggest you book a lesson with a local pro and get them to have a look. Probably not the answer you were hoping for but definitely the best long term solution if you want to improve.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
A slice is caused by swinging on an 'out to in' swingpath. Rather than look for tips from people on here that have never seen you swing a club I would suggest you book a lesson with a local pro and get them to have a look. Probably not the answer you were hoping for but definitely the best long term solution if you want to improve.

You can swing in-to-out, and still slice the ball. Its more the club face. the more the club face is open to the swing path the more the slice(for want of a better word). Hence a push slice. (in-to-out swing with open face)

sona

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Save yourself a lot of grief and have a lesson. I found it was too easy to try to compensate for a fault and spiral into a worse nightmare.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you want accurate advice from the forum techies the only way is to post a video of your swing so they can assess it visually. Descriptive fault finding isn't going to be as successful. Or opt for a lesson of a local pro, if your going to take the sport up, join a club etc then it's a good idea to build a repour with a pro.

jdchelsea

Head Pro
Visit site

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am hoping this thread does not descend into another one on ball flight laws, but from two of the answers above, I guess it is going to.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i think i lay the club off at the top of the swing. i will be doing some tests at the range today after watching this video last night. it was something i had never really given much thought.

[video=youtube;x4i7hGcJ234]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4i7hGcJ234&feature=fvwrel[/video]

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks folks, I have given in to temptation and ordered a WS DXI superlight driver, I will book a lesson and learn how to use it.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i think i lay the club off at the top of the swing. i will be doing some tests at the range today after watching this video last night. it was something i had never really given much thought.

[video=youtube;x4i7hGcJ234]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4i7hGcJ234&feature=fvwrel[/video]

so glad i had a look at this video. driving the ball like a dream. this gets my hands higher in the backswing and i feel like im pointing out to the right at the top but on video im pointing straight down the fairway.