driver swing

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
cheers G ! ive watched a few monty videos before. always a fountain of knowledge!

just going to concentrate this on the driver for the mean time. my irons are bloomin sweet! :rofl:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
cheers G ! ive watched a few monty videos before. always a fountain of knowledge!

just going to concentrate this on the driver for the mean time. my irons are bloomin sweet! :rofl:

I also like Mr Scheinblum's video and swing insight.

Since I made the switch, I've only played 18 holes once. The rest have been 9 holes after work (3,5 and 6 over)

Played 18 last weekend for the 1st time and played 9 over. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
the driver is the main thing holding me back. I was 3 over though 14 holes on Sunday. granted it was two thinned bunker shots that cost me a nice cut in the end up.

its ultimately the driver that is causing me most grief! hit it ok on sunday.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
the driver is the main thing holding me back. I was 3 over though 14 holes on Sunday. granted it was two thinned bunker shots that cost me a nice cut in the end up.

its ultimately the driver that is causing me most grief! hit it ok on sunday.

I would say it's the same for most amateur golfers Gary.

I drove the ball really well at the weekend, but I know if I don't get keep on top of it, it'll go bad real quick. If I get the set-up correct, I stand a better chance of getting the ball in play than if I don't :mad:

I've started looking at my game in a different light of late (... Something Hawkeye said a good while back) and it's been a revelation to me.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I know what I would change.........

Your pro!

Until you sort out your grip it is just going to be a constant battle of trying to compensate for other faults.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
been attempting to put in some tilt at address. tried weakening my grip. im even worse :swing:

will see the pro again after I go on holiday next week!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am more than likely putting in too much tilt. something I am definitely going to ask the pro about next that. that and grip.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am more than likely putting in too much tilt. something I am definitely going to ask the pro about next that. that and grip.

possible, but going from no tilt spine at 90º to too much would be a little ways unusual.

have to find some time on the practice once you're in the right posture to be able to consistently hit it a ways left with the grip you have now, then just ease the right hand back counterclockwise a ways, so it sits more on top, make the same rotational swing that had it going left consistently & still aiming to swing into the inner back quarter of the ball.

easier to fix the posture which will help the swing path direction through into the inside back quarter & give yourself permission on the practice ground to get solid contact to hit everything left first, then move the right hand counterclockwise an 1&1/2" to 2" to straighten out the flight.

than in this case to try to fix the grip first without fixing the posture & path.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
possible, but going from no tilt spine at 90º to too much would be a little ways unusual.

have to find some time on the practice once you're in the right posture to be able to consistently hit it a ways left with the grip you have now, then just ease the right hand back counterclockwise a ways, so it sits more on top, make the same rotational swing that had it going left consistently & still aiming to swing into the inner back quarter of the ball.

easier to fix the posture which will help the swing path direction through into the inside back quarter & give yourself permission on the practice ground to get solid contact to hit everything left first, then move the right hand counterclockwise an 1&1/2" to 2" to straighten out the flight.

than in this case to try to fix the grip first without fixing the posture & path.

solid contact and it going left is what happens!:eek:

I more or less had the course to myself this evening. I was hitting multiple drives off a load of holes. I was trying this weakening of the right hand. I actually had the right hand on top and hit two good drives. just a tad of draw. ill keep working at it!