Draw Nights

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Jezz didn't even know this thing existed

Can just picture the convo with the wife now
Playing golf this weekend away from the family are you? Oh and you want to give up family time to book it aswell

Enjoy sleeping on the sofa

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
Not everyone has easy access. You can choose to have easy access, that is different to everyone having easy access.

If you want to play the medal/competition you will make the effort to get a time, simply like you'll log onto your computer/app to get a time.

The overwhelming majority of people do have easy access. There will always be a subset of people that shun technology, stuck in their ways or would just rather not engage in new ways of doing things. Thats absolutely fine, but not to the point where they actually get priority over the majority that would much rather get on with their lives out of the clubhouse and make good use of widely available technology.

dronfield

Visit site
We have recently moved to online booking for comps only.
Previously a timesheet went up in the foyer or proshop - downside to that was that a member could turn up and block book 4 times for his mates (i was once stood behind someone who literally had a sheet of paper with 11 names on it that he was booking times for).
i remember years ago at our local muni people used to sleep in cars overnight in order to be at front of queue to book tee times - assume they now have online system.

Rich

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thankfully ours are done online via HowDidIDo. The comp opens up Thursday at 7pm for the comp a week come Saturday, i.e. 9 days in advance. Slots are every 30 minutes from 7am to 3pm, you choose a slot and the comp is drawn. Members can also go into clubhouse to enter.

Far better than previously going to club on Friday to put name down for following Saturday.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As someone who can't commit to a regular time each week, due to commitments with the kids, I don't have regular playing partners and put myself down for competitions on HowdidIdo with groups who are one short. Great way to meet people in the club. Other than comps I usually play weekend afternoons when the course is quiet. It would absolutely not work for me if I had to turn up for a draw for tee times and I certainly would not stay at a club that was run this way.

D

Deleted member 16999

As someone who can't commit to a regular time each week, due to commitments with the kids, I don't have regular playing partners and put myself down for competitions on HowdidIdo with groups who are one short. Great way to meet people in the club. Other than comps I usually play weekend afternoons when the course is quiet. It would absolutely not work for me if I had to turn up for a draw for tee times and I certainly would not stay at a club that was run this way.
You’re missing the point or confusing the issue, I’m in the same boat as you.
I don’t turn up on “our” booking night and play every weekend when it suits me.
The only people this really affects are those who “want” the same time every weekend and are not flexible.
BRS/HDID aren’t the problem, it’s the Club trying to make a few extra quid out of “some” members by dangling the early booking carrot.