Download photos on GM Forum

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am not the sharpest tool in the box doing this.

I need to download and compress pics to add on here. I need a simple way to do it please.

I have an IPad Pro and I phone where I want to download from.

Simple instructions please!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Use an app like 'MS paint' to resize &/or crop to make them easier to upload. Also your phones bound to have a edit/crop/resize feature when you open a pic in your photo gallery folder

A shortcut I sometimes use is to email the file to myself and my mail server gives me the option to resize the file before sending then save it again when i receive the email

Alan Clifford

Visit site
I am not the sharpest tool in the box doing this.

I need to download and compress pics to add on here. I need a simple way to do it please.

I have an IPad Pro and I phone where I want to download from.

Simple instructions please!
You'll lose quality if you compress. Better to resize to say 800 or 1000 pixels for the longest dimension.

Can't help with how to do it with your equipment I'm afraid; I have a macbook and an android 'phone.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Use an app like 'MS paint' to resize &/or crop to make them easier to upload. Also your phones bound to have a edit/crop/resize feature when you open a pic in your photo gallery folder

A shortcut I sometimes use is to email the file to myself and my mail server gives me the option to resize the file before sending then save it again when i receive the email
This is what I do - though it only seems to work from my iPhone, and I only get the four resizing options after clicking on ‘send’. When I try to do same from my iPad I don‘t get the resizing options.

And as mentioned, compressing too much loses definition (the high frequency components of the image spectrum that define the sharpness are cut off - if I recall correctly from my digital image processing honours dissertation project - though that was 40yrs ago and FFTs 🙄)

Last edited:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
IMG_1279.jpgSimplistic way I’ve found of doing it clicking on this icon when you reply, click drop image and your photo library comes up chose photo

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Select the pics in your gallery, click the send and choose email. Send to your self, you will be auto prompted to change the size, choose medium (seems to be the best option to upload here) and send the email. You’ll receive it pretty much immediately with smaller versions of the images.

You can do the same on a pc using outlook. Download the images to a pc, select the ones you want. Right click and send to email, it will prompt to change size. Once you do it will create an email with the resized images, you don’t even need to send it, you can just drag/ copy the resized images straight from the email back to your desktop. Doing this will save in JPG format even if the original image is in HEIC. A very quick and easy way to convert for systems that don’t like HEIC images.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
This may not help the OP, but it may help many others using windows.

Open image using Paint 3D.

Click on "canvas". You can resize, crop, rotate, flip. You will sometimes need to crop out the blank white area.
You need to get used to ticking or unticking "resize image with canvas" and/or "lock aspect ratio" depending on which outcome you require. (Use "undo" while learning)

Resize with Paint 3D.jpg

(I used to get paid for teaching simple stuff like this)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whilst everyone is putting their all in:

Android, Samsung certainly.

Go to your Gallery, click your picture. Tap the pencil at the bottom (edit), tap the three vertical dots in the top right corner, tap Resize, take your pick. For the forum I always choose 20%. That reduces the size sufficiently and is still good enough for posting here.

All done on your phone, no need for a computer or an additional app.

RichA

Visit site
IMG_3063.jpeg

Which lets you pick a photo from the album on your device...

IMG_3064.jpeg

And then lets you reduce the size by tapping "Actual Size" and choosing a smaller one...

IMG_3065.jpeg