Dog Licence today!

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well this was embarrassing. usual 4 mates played. Other 2 off 9 and 11, partner and myself off 16 and 20. We had a few shots.

However the other 2 were 6 up at the turn doing the front 9 in level par, halved the 10th, they had a birdie on 11th, 7 down.Going down 12th 7 down but we both had shots, partner out of hole and I had a scabby 5. They had a 6foot and 4 foot respectively for par and both missed otherwise 7/6.

It was 7/5 on 13th.

What is the most you have won or been hammered? This was as close as I have been and many years’ ago I won 10/8

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's not golf but in my Sunday League team's first season (16/17) we lost 8-2 twice. This season we actually won a game 8-2 so we've come full circle. You wouldn't think 8-2 would be that common a scoreline really.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
My regular 4-ball group toss up for partners. After a replacement hip, I've gone from the one to be avoided to the 'partner of choice'!

Last time out (off an interesting mix of tees) we won by a D/L.

Lost the (36 Hole) Final of a Club Champs many years ago 10&8!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
8 & 6 was my worst ever singles loss. When the club was without a pro for a short period I went out as number one for the scratch team against club pro's. Usually I didn't do too badly, even winning a few matches. Unfortunately one match was against a pro who was easily one of the best pro's in the region. I played well, and threw everything in my locker at him. He annihilated me very comfortably.

I've been very lucky in pairs, having some really good partners. In one summer k'out we handed out 3 consecutive 8 & 6's on the way to winning. Can't remember our worst loss but I doubt it would be worse than 3 & 2.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
The Cooden Centenary champions lost 7 and 6 to TXL and a right knob. Said knob ran round the 12th green after draining a long birdie putt to win.

Some people are very bad winners aren't they Slasher.:mad:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I don't think I've ever been worse than 4&2 or similar - not good mind, but not a disaster.
In cricket though......Oh Boy!
Playing in the Wycombe Village league back in the early 80's my team went in to bat first and half an hour later we went out to field.
We were all out for 8
Yes...8 and 4 of those were byes........
I'm not convinced we finished the first over.......:ROFLMAO::poop:

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
2 years ago. 36 hours after landing from a 3 week holiday in Florida. Took off in 27 degree heat and landed at zero. Playing a better ball knockout match on my own. At the 8th green it was the nearest I would get to the clubhouse until the 17th tee and after losing the 8th to be 7 down and frozen to the core I accepted a kicked backside from 2 mates and went for a warming coffee.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Early on in my golfing life I lost a singles match on the 11th 😱. In my defence I lost to a guy off 18 who was 8 under par when we shook hands. He just had one of those rounds, if you can call 11 holes a round 😁.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've lost 7/6 and last year I won a league match on the 10th green 9/8. I was a couple under with no dropped shots and he was plenty over. We halved one hole or it could have been 10/8. For some reason the other guy didn't want to continue:)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Won a knock out 10 and 8 against a guy who stated on the first tee how ell he was playing and how much he was going to beat me by:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Hadn't heard the term before - dog licence.

Entered the Winter League with my brother at Willow Valley GC a few years ago. In one of the rounds we lost the first 7 holes. It was only over 13 anyway. Didn't feel like we played all that bad but the other guys were on fire - when they are making birdies from 130 yard out fairway bunkers, then you are up against it.

We won the whole thing the year after though, so all good in the end.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Early on in my golfing life I lost a singles match on the 11th 😱. In my defence I lost to a guy off 18 who was 8 under par when we shook hands. He just had one of those rounds, if you can call 11 holes a round 😁.
8 under par or 8 under handicap?? :oops:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
8 under par or 8 under handicap?? :oops:
8 under par 😱. It was just mad.

I played with him afterwards on many occasions and whilst he never again reached those heights he could easily play 5 over or 35 over. He was an all or nothing golfer. Smashing bloke, he was bemused and apologetic at the same time.

I should add, it was a relatively short links course and whilst his round was exceptional it was something that was marginally possible there but would be out of the question for him pretty much anywhere else. He hit big drives, got lots of run due to a dry spell, good bounces and holed every putt. Freaky but possible.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
8 under par 😱. It was just mad.

I played with him afterwards on many occasions and whilst he never again reached those heights he could easily play 5 over or 35 over. He was an all or nothing golfer. Smashing bloke, he was bemused and apologetic at the same time.

I should add, it was a relatively short links course and whilst his round was exceptional it was something that was marginally possible there but would be out of the question for him pretty much anywhere else. He hit big drives, got lots of run due to a dry spell, good bounces and holed every putt. Freaky but possible.
But, I mean, he was -8 after 10?? That's pro standard and you said he was an 18 handicap! That's other-wordly! :LOL:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I remember playing rugby once and by the time I had scored my 4th try the ref was thinking of calling the game.

I don’t think they ever saw the ball, we were scoring almost every time we got the ball.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Last year won the quarter final of our seniors knock out 7&6. Didn’t play that well, but my opponent just had a bad day.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Winter knockout was 6 up at the turn, stopped at the halfway hut, the rain started, and he conceded the match mid bacon bap.

Lost 6&4 in the foursomes this year.