Does your wife no how much you spend on golf gear.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
This question was brought up at the weekend by one of mates as his wife was looking through his bag for some reason and asked the question When, where and how did you manage to get a set of clubs like that ? . I personally would cack myself if my wife went noisying inside my bag as she doesn't have a clue how much i spend. :)

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Yes, my wife knows everything as every single item I have in my bag, including my bag, she has bought me.....apart from my Odyssey which cost me a new hairdo :)

I asked her to buy me a Mizuno bag thinking she'd get me the Aero or something, and she buys me the bloody Tour Pro bag!!

Its great though, I let slip on the sly what I need/would like, she informs my mate who then double checks with me exactly what it is, he then buys it and gives it to her so she can give it to me as a surprise :D

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
No mine doesn't and it has to stay that way. One of my mates has stopped buying so much, his wife was looking though one of his golf mags and saw how much his new Titleist driver was, she lulled him in with an innocent sounding oh haven't you got one of them dear questions, of course he said yes and she hit the roof (rookie mistake never agree to anything). So it goes without saying now all my golf mags stay in the office.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My wife knows exactly how much I spend.
We have a joint account and every penny is accounted for.
I bought a new bag recently and it's the first thing I've bought for about 2 years.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My wife knows what I spend and has to a point encouraged me as she knows how important golf is to me (I have to say 2nd only to her in case she reads this). However as there is a fiscal crisis chez Homer all purchasing has stopped and I'm currently trying to offload some gear.

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
However as there is a fiscal crisis chez Homer all purchasing has stopped and I'm currently trying to offload some gear.

I'll give you a tenner for your putter and a fiver for that red top you're wearing in your sig.

Whats that you say? You're not that desperate yet? Ah....ok, no worries :D

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
This question was brought up at the weekend by one of mates as his wife was looking through his bag for some reason and asked the question When, where and how did you manage to get a set of clubs like that ? . I personally would cack myself if my wife went noisying inside my bag as she doesn't have a clue how much i spend. :)
Thats what lockers are for!
I tell my missus the truth...a few months later.

D

Deleted member 1740

No she doesn't and to be honest she's not really bothered as long as i pay my way for the bills and our holiday each year then i buy what i want. And vice versa she can buy whatever she wants as long as she helps with the bills.

And the only time she's allowed near my bag is to put my clean towel on it ;) ;) well trained.

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Joint account here, and a young son too so 'golf money' is sparse.

Hence the reason I have been playing 18 month and am still awful!!!

and KeefG, £5 for Homers red jumper. You're feeling very generous today... :)

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Joint account so she knows every penny I spend on anything and vice versa. She always makes sure if I say I'd like something that i'm really sure it's the one I want and then tells me to go get it..easy as that.

Never had money secrets and dont want any , first day I got married I said everything we earn is ours and goes in a joint account , there will be no single accounts and therefore nothing to hide.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We have a joint account but bank with First Direct.
My Missus is bloody useless with a computer, and as we don't get paper statements anymore, just online ones, she hasn't the first clue how much is in the account.... ;) ;) ;)

All joking aside though, Sam is OK with me spending my money on golf equipment. She knows how much I love the game and as long as the bills are paid and there is food in the cupboard, she's happy.

Adrena1in

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
This is why it helps to have two hobbies, one that's more expensive than Golf, but that you don't do so much. It makes the money you spend on Golf seem worthwhile, as long as you play regularly.

Box clever, you see! ;)

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mostly-ish

She has no problem with my spending but not sure she knows exactly how much I have spent.
Thing is, i'm spending less on golf than I did on Koi

CarpeDiem

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
a mum and dad willing to spend money

Would be nice mate, my dad will pay my membership which I am very grateful for. Apart from that i'm on my own money wise, if I want a new club then I have to work my arse of to afford it. I think when you reach that stage you'll realise the true value of money and how much your parents actually spend. Then its not just 'Dad can I have £10 for a sleeve of Pro V's for todays medal' it will be '£10, thats a bit on the expensive side, but those AD333 look nice'

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
a mum and dad willing to spend money

Would be nice mate, my dad will pay my membership which I am very grateful for. Apart from that i'm on my own money wise, if I want a new club then I have to work my arse of to afford it. I think when you reach that stage you'll realise the true value of money and how much your parents actually spend. Then its not just 'Dad can I have £10 for a sleeve of Pro V's for todays medal' it will be '£10, thats a bit on the expensive side, but those AD333 look nice'

Word fella! Well said :)