Does playing with poorer players drag you down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If it's not in reference to anyone how can it possibly be offensive ??

This topic was bouncing along just fine until one of the usual suspects took it upon themself to get offended when it nothing to do with him then the floodgates opened and the bandwagon was rolling.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The problem is you can't help yourself but post things that you know people will take issue with. Its called trolling. Unfortunately for you you're not very good at it which is why you keep getting banned. I'd give you a trolling handicap of about 22, which in your mind makes you a massive chomper...

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Oh here we go again rolling out the old trolling line, talk aboot no being good at something 🤣🤣

D

Deleted Member 1156

This is an interesting thread. Cabby, compared to me you are a chopper and Sainthacker is a hacker. But you know what, in this instance I'd pick the hacker over the chopper every time.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
people get so righteous and sensitive on this forum. you've heard something you don't like or personally find offensive..... move on.

as bad as it sounds no, i dont like playing with high handicapers purely for the reason of waiting for them to hit multiple shots and searching for multiple balls. however, if the player maintains a pace that i consider acceptable then thats ok with me.

i have to add that i know a +2 player that i wont play with solely because of his pace of play.

in answer to the op. i have to say that i do find i play better when I'm with better players. i sometimes lose the will to live watching someone take 9 on a par 3

D

Deleted member 15344

What this thread has shown me is that im glad these sort of people aren’t at my club

At one stage all of us have been a high handicap and lost balls and needed help searching for them - it’s HC snobbery of the highest order to label people and to also not want to play with someone based on their HC.

Thankfully these guys won’t play at the meets

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I play with anything from 4 handicappers (now 2.5) to 28+ handicappers

my 11 handicap friend I play with all the time.. ive hit my best round with him and likewise with me he has hit his best round...

must be doing something right

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I would normally be happy to play with anyone, but on reflection I would hate to have to play with someone who doesn't want to play with others because they have a high handicap. I value my time and this is the type of person I hope never to waste it on

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I would normally be happy to play with anyone, but on reflection I would hate to have to play with someone who doesn't want to play with others because they have a high handicap. I value my time and this is the type of person I hope never to waste it on

I'm playing with an 18 handicapper tomorrow, really looking forward to it :thup:

Status
Not open for further replies.