Do you trust your Pro?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
This has happened a couple of times at clubs local to me, on both occasions the same club pro being responsible. I cannot recall the outcome.

We also had an incident at ours where one of the shop staff had sticky fingers and had been helping himself to money from the till over an extended period. He was found out, and the only thing that prevented the club involving the police was his dad paying the entire sum back.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
This is the worst bit :(

In addition, Hunter also stole £11,000 that had been donated to Canine Partners during two charity days that had been organised in memory of long-standing member Les Day. The charity received just £47 of the money raised.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
This is the worst bit :(

In addition, Hunter also stole £11,000 that had been donated to Canine Partners during two charity days that had been organised in memory of long-standing member Les Day. The charity received just £47 of the money raised.
My initial thought is that swearing to this response would get me an infraction. That said how can he nick so much and leave only £47. Was he that thick.

Red devil

Visit site
Not condoning what he did,for a moment but 5yrs is a long time for the offence.
Considering someone can get behind the wheel of a car,drunk or stoned or both,wipe somebody out and get far less.

RRidges

Visit site

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I dunno if the world ranking carries a lot of relevance, I think he's just playing well this week

The fellas heading up the pgat and ET events for the last couple of days are both ranked well into the 200's but does that mean the fields are sub standard (maybe they are and the viewing public are being short changed this week)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Kindly keep your anti-religion arguments out of this thread - which is about Golf Pros.

I don't agree.
In my opinion, it's about trust.
The clue is in the title and in the article you linked to....

"extensive, deliberate and deeply wounding to those who put their trust in you."

As a 10 year old boy sitting at Sunday school, with the vicars hand up my shorts, I know how it feels when someone betrays your trust and when push came to shove, my parents believed the vicar rather than me because they trusted him and ''the vicar would never do that''.
Over 50 years ago and the memory still lingers.

What this one pro did was wrong but at least he was caught and put in jail, many wrongdoers aren't.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I dunno if the world ranking carries a lot of relevance, I think he's just playing well this week

The fellas heading up the pgat and ET events for the last couple of days are both ranked well into the 200's but does that mean the fields are sub standard (maybe they are and the viewing public are being short changed this week)

Well this ended up in the wrong thread ?