Do you count.?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tend to have 14 clubs in my bag. Hypothetical case ... I’m in a comp and I find a club that a previous player has left greenside. If I pick it up in order to hand it in at the pro shop when I’ve finished, have I broken the rules? Would common sense prevail if I told my PPs what I had done?
Covid precautions prevent you picking it up in the first place. :p

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Covid precautions prevent you picking it up in the first place. :p
How many months ago did you start picking lost/found balls up again? I think I went about a month leaving them sat there after we were first allowed back and then back to normal again. Just the two found in the rough last Sunday :). Thank you nicely.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
How many months ago did you start picking lost/found balls up again? I think I went about a month leaving them sat there after we were first allowed back and then back to normal again. Just the two found in the rough last Sunday :). Thank you nicely.
I tend not to anyway unless it happens to be a ball I actually use. I have too many balls sat at home in boxes not getting used as it is.

D

Deleted member 23344

Yes, I only pick up ones of the make/model I would use.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I tend not to anyway unless it happens to be a ball I actually use. I have too many balls sat at home in boxes not getting used as it is.
I don't pick up balls that are past their sell by, ie knackered, but otherwise I'll take them all. I'd need to find a LOT of balls to have too many :LOL:

I'll definitely partner you and @Canary Kid if we ever get together at a meet ;)

sunshine

Visit site
I bring a squad of 28 clubs to the course, we do the warm up together, then I gather them round and announce my starting 14 before the 1st tee. Sometimes one of the putters gets a bit stroppy about being on the bench, but they've got to realise it's a squad game. It's also really useful to carry all 28 clubs round with me (although a bit heavy), if one of the first choice 14 gets damaged you are allowed to make a substitution. I wonder if anyone has faked a damaged club in order to make a substitute (golf equivalent of blood capsules :LOL:)

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
I bring a squad of 28 clubs to the course, we do the warm up together, then I gather them round and announce my starting 14 before the 1st tee. Sometimes one of the putters gets a bit stroppy about being on the bench, but they've got to realise it's a squad game. It's also really useful to carry all 28 clubs round with me (although a bit heavy), if one of the first choice 14 gets damaged you are allowed to make a substitution. I wonder if anyone has faked a damaged club in order to make a substitute (golf equivalent of blood capsules :LOL:)

Well, I know of someone who has thought of doing that.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never even thought about it. I did once play about 5 holes with 15 clubs in the bag as I found a club on the course in the previous round and forgot to hand it in. Luckily it was only a friendly knock and I didn't have to think about if there were any consequences.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I only have 12 clubs, and I leave 2 of them in the car because I can’t hit 3w and 3h anyway, therefore there is no risk of me breaking that rule.