Do pro players swap cards?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Seen plenty tv coverage of players walking from 18th green into recorders hut... never ever seen two players swap cards though

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm pretty sure they do swap cards. There have times when players have signed for the wrong score. Surely they wouldn't write the wrong score on their own card?

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I know that in the rare cases that a player goes out on his or her own (like because the other player from the group withdrew or the like) they are assigned a marker, so I suppose they must swap cards usually.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yes they do swap. They don't normally use the courses card as they don't really need the info we normally have (SI etc...) just simple hole number, yardage and par.

They also have a perforated strip for the player to mark his own score which he can rip off and hold alongside his card to easily double check that his FC has got the scores right.

This is a pic of Justin Thomas's from the Sony Open last year.

Justin Thomas.jpg

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
I think the reason you don't see them swapping cards is because they're pre-printed and the starter gives them out the right way round (ie already swapped).

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes they do swap. They don't normally use the courses card as they don't really need the info we normally have (SI etc...) just simple hole number, yardage and par.

They also have a perforated strip for the player to mark his own score which he can rip off and hold alongside his card to easily double check that his FC has got the scores right.

This is a pic of Justin Thomas's from the Sony Open last year.

View attachment 24285
EngGolf provide exactly this for their events..... there’s even a Recording caravan for final check & processing. As close as Ill ever get to ‘the big time’!!! Considerate marshalling as well keeps things moving 👍👍

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think that the fact you can't mark your own card in any competition (official) must mean something but hey ho why doesn't one just look up the rule book.

pogle

Head Pro
Visit site
He was dq'd for signing the wrong card. Serious question, is there anything in the rules you have to swap cards, I honestly don't know.

The rules require the marker to check the player's score after each hole and record the player's score. I suppose the player could keep his own card and hand it over after each hole and then take it back after the marker has recorded it, but that would probably lead to even more problems.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
He was dq'd for signing the wrong card. Serious question, is there anything in the rules you have to swap cards, I honestly don't know.

The card has a space for the marker to sign and the player, is the player going to sign both?