Distance differences from players clubs vs GI

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve bought myself a set of mp32s and can’t wait for them to arrive as they look in really good condition.

Am I likely to find it’s just a club difference in distance or is there more to consider?

I’ve heard 2 schools of thought.... that GIs have less of a drop off on miss hits but I’ve heard people say players clubs are more accurate for front/back dispersion which to me seems contradictory.

I’ve attached my ap1 distances it’s gonna be pretty depressing hitting my 8 iron 130 yards

Attachments

• E46BBA8F-197D-4F4C-929F-8DAD36173CFB.png
    E46BBA8F-197D-4F4C-929F-8DAD36173CFB.png
    332.4 KB · Views: 53

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Surely the same number on the top won’t go the same distance though? 7 iron MP32 is 35 degree vs 30 degrees on the AP1?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Surely the same number on the top won’t go the same distance though? 7 iron MP32 is 35 degree vs 30 degrees on the AP1?
Am no expert but actual difference may depend on your strike conditions.
You may pick up more spin with the MPs and a lower (to loft) launch...or something.
I was never fully convinced more distance on miss-hits was a good thing, just find more bunkers.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
nope I think they are up there with all the chompyiest clubs
Oh I think my good old Mizuno MX-900's had it on both fronts!
Mizuno%20MX-900%20Irons.jpg

GolfingPastor

Visit site
I’ve got a set of MP32’s for sale at the moment and I wouldn’t say they are up there with the most forgiving clubs at all- I agree with Robster59 that for blades they are forgiving, but not compared with my X22’s. A bad shot will send a vibration up your arm and give your hand a bit of a slap!

In terms of distance, I hit the X22 7 iron around 155-160yards and the MP32’s 165-170. Sorry if this doesn’t help in relation to your old clubs.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
You will find out.

I've 5 sets of irons with different heads, different shafts (well 2 have the same KBS shafts) and different lofts. There's more correlation on carry distances to the number printed on the head than the loft...

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah I’ll really need to get on a LM and check distances then get out on course too.

Quite happy with my “cheap” 2nd bag:
jpx 850 driver
3-pw MP32 s300 shafts
52 & 56 callaway x forged jaws wedges
TM Kia ma maranello putter
Callaway ultra light bag

All for £250... just shows you don’t need to spend a fortune to get quality clubs( something I’ve been mega guilty of)

GolfingPastor

Visit site
Quite happy with my “cheap” 2nd bag:
jpx 850 driver
3-pw MP32 s300 shafts
52 & 56 callaway x forged jaws wedges
TM Kia ma maranello putter
Callaway ultra light bag

All for £250... just shows you don’t need to spend a fortune to get quality clubs( something I’ve been mega guilty of)[/QUOTE]

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the MP32’s?

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I went from AP2 to 716 MB, lost just under half a club.

It's not clear cut as different characteristics in you as a player will yield different results due to spin/launch etc. What I lost due to loft I gained back some with a more effecient trajectory.

I was willing to sacrifice up to a full club for the workability and tight dispersion front/back and side/side that the MB's offer me.

If you mis strike a shot then yes the dispersion front/back will obviously be worse than a more forgiving head however comparing on a well struck shot by well struck shot basis there is no comparison in distance control. My AP2 just felt like it could come off the face hot when least expected, on several occasions I hit a great shot and got punished due to front/back dispersion range and getting a flyer which gave me 4-5 additional yards out of nowhere. I would rather get punished for a bad strike than stare a shot down the pin, await it land stone dead and see it fly the green.

I have never felt as dialled in as with a set of mb/blades, get your yardages confirmed and you will feel like you are attacking pins at will, distance loss will be long forgotten.

I could work my AP2's but the MB's are just godly. Baby cut, big cut, baby draw, big raw, high or low it just feels effortless with the right tools.

MB's fit my eye also, I love the thin top line at address.

Last edited:

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah I’m hoping by using these my ball striking will improve but have yet to decide which I’ll mainly use for competition but will just need to see how things go. They arrived today and they are in almost perfect condition with new grips.

Here’s the top line of the 3 iron which will be fun on an ice cold day....

Attachments

• 6629410D-DBED-4C8D-84AE-083D03BC78E6.jpeg
    6629410D-DBED-4C8D-84AE-083D03BC78E6.jpeg
    617.1 KB · Views: 10

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Yeah I’m hoping by using these my ball striking will improve but have yet to decide which I’ll mainly use for competition but will just need to see how things go. They arrived today and they are in almost perfect condition with new grips.

You feel less with them when pured even on an icy cold morning!

You’ll end up with the Blades, I can’t go back to CB’s of any sort now they just look so clunky in comparison.

33F86F7C-26B5-48EB-8F9F-471B298C6837.jpeg

0CB62966-BB00-42B7-A108-11ED10833177.jpeg

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk

You're a glutton for punishment! :LOL: