Distance balls

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Looking to buy some distance balls seen some Srixon distance for £9.99 a box, anyone used them? or any recommendations for any other distance ball.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't think they can be beaten for price. I've found Titleist Velocity to be good and long, but they're not really a pure 'distance' ball these days, it's a pretty good ball all round, and they're £25 a box these days. Srixon Distance get good reviews usually.

D

Deleted member 21258

Bought a sack of 500 2nd hand ones for about £75 iirc. So use them quite regularly.:) Quite like them tbh.

Work perfectly okay and can shot a low or high score when them, just like any other ball.:whistle:

Btw The other night I did a game with my son, we blind folded him and put ear defenders on/tv up a little. And I got him to putt with Pro vs, cromesoft, supersoft, pinnacle, slazenger, srixon distance balls and based purely on feel in his hands, it was like a lottery if he got it right(he had to say soft, medium, hard rather than make). Done it before with myself with same results..

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
??. I’d better be carful then as I had a wisdom tooth removed on Tuesday and I’m still not feeling 100% yet.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nowt wrong with distance balls, just don’t expect them to add distance. They are not an excuse to try and remove the cover with a 6 iron. They will go the same distance as your other balls. The difference is they will likely roll out a bit more but carry will be the same so don’t get caught out! Swing normal and play normal to get the best out of them.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I bought 40 brand new Srixon Distance on eBay for £15 "for the winter"... Clearly, that went well!

I'd been using the Q-Stars throughout the summer/autumn and comparatively, they're "fine". Realistically, I'm not consistent enough for the ball to make much of a difference and also, tbh unless given the same ball for 2 shots immediately after one another I'd struggle to tell you which was which.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Nowt wrong with distance balls, just don’t expect them to add distance. They are not an excuse to try and remove the cover with a 6 iron. They will go the same distance as your other balls. The difference is they will likely roll out a bit more but carry will be the same so don’t get caught out! Swing normal and play normal to get the best out of them.
If they carry the same but roll out further then surely they add distance? ?

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
If they carry the same but roll out further then surely they add distance? ?

Yes but that is club/conditions dependant. “Distance” does not mean either you can just lash at it and expect results or expect it to fly noticeably further.

Some discount distance balls because they don’t understand how they can help.

I have seen many a golfer annunce they play distance ball and then do a poor imitation of a long drive world champion.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes but that is club/conditions dependant. “Distance” does not mean either you can just lash at it and expect results or expect it to fly noticeably further.

Some discount distance balls because they don’t understand how they can help.

I have seen many a golfer annunce they play distance ball and then do a poor imitation of a long drive world champion.
Won’t effect you though on your par 3 course :)

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wasn’t it confirmed that in these types of temperatures a softer ball is better as a lot of armatures simply can’t compress a distance based ball in order to get the distance anyway.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wasn’t it confirmed that in these types of temperatures a softer ball is better as a lot of armatures simply can’t compress a distance based ball in order to get the distance anyway.
I thought My Golf Spy proved that soft balls are only useful if you have an incredibly slow swing. As in way slower than average.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
I grew up on Top Flights so I don’t mind a harder ball, against the advice of many I brought some Warbirds last year, they were fine got my first HIO which pitched behind the flag and rolled back in - I think worrying too much about balls is for better players than me. Although I do prefer premium balls in and around the green but can’t really tell too much difference from further out, I’m to inconsistent to know what’s ball
And what’s me.