Different size feet..what to do?

V

vkurup

I have always worn 9 size shoes, till I went for an FJ fitting at my club. It was a quick one, so he checked my right foot and it was 7.5W. As my shoes require replacement, went hunting and I have never been this close to doing an Imelda on trying out new shoes. Nothing would fit.

Today went to Silvermere and tried out the DNAs again. again it was the same issue. So I asked him to measure both feet. Bloody hell, my left is 8 & my right is 7.5. This explains all the trouble I was having. So ended up buying an 8 size DNA. the left fits perfectly, but the right as a wee little play in it (though it is much better than wearing a 9).

Now I have a new problem. Ignoring the DNAs, how do i go about buying shoes for the rest of my life other than buying 2 different pairs and binning one foot in each. Anyone out there who is in a similar situation and can advice...

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Pretty sure I heard in the past that Footjoy would supply a pair of different sized shoes, certainly worth approaching them telling them that their measure has you as 2 different sizes and will they supply you a non matching pair

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Pretty sure I heard in the past that Footjoy would supply a pair of different sized shoes, certainly worth approaching them telling them that their measure has you as 2 different sizes and will they supply you a non matching pair

Believe you order different size feet through the MyJoys programme for FootJoy, think they're the only ones that do it.

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
How have you gone through life wearing shoes that didn't fit? Have you not noticed before. Here's an idea, buy shoes that fit. You're welcome.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you buy custom myjoys you can choose different sizes for each foot. You can't get DNA's in myjoys yet though I don't think

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the same issue I am afraid it's a case of trial and error and I tend to go up or down in 1/2 sizes so good luck.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's either 2 pairs of myjoys about the same cost either way! :D

Notice with the lads shoe meAsurements that they are quote often different L and R. I wonder how many of us this actually applies too?

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's either 2 pairs of myjoys about the same cost either way! :D

Notice with the lads shoe meAsurements that they are quote often different L and R. I wonder how many of us this actually applies too?

My right foot is half size smaller than my left. It makes no odds day to day but with sports shoes I use insoles.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't think it uncommon it just depends on how much difference and how the shoes size up. My left is just shy off an 11 but my right is only just over a 10. Now this can be tricky as the 11 can be far to big for the right but 10.5 too small for the left!! I usually just put a think insole in the smaller foot. Not a lot you can do. It may be worth trying the myjoys though.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seen a lot of footballers at the world cup with different colored boots on perhaps you could buy two pairs and wear one of each color like to footballers

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nearly everyone has different size feet. The same with the rest if your body. Nothing is really symmetrical. So don't worry, your just one of the many and not unique.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Nearly everyone has different size feet. The same with the rest if your body. Nothing is really symmetrical. So don't worry, your just one of the many and not unique.

Absolutely correct!

I'm about a third of a size different between left and right foot - the right one is larger. Still get some strange looks when mentioning that and have to state that it's pretty normal, if not particularly widely known.

Insoles work - though i'm normally too lazy to bother. Snug fitting for moccasin type shoes, or flexible leather ones, works too.

V

vkurup

Insole??? where have people gotten these. I did not know insoles were for getting your fit into shoe.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Ecco World Class come with two pairs of insoles, one for medium width fitting, one for wide. Please don"t ask me how it works as I have no idea, but they do.