Did you reach your 2017 goals?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Well given that I am still breathing having had 5 operations in the first half of the year, including a kidney removal and I am still upright and able to play and enjoy the game.

As regards Golf, absolutely nothing else matters :whoo:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well given that I am still breathing having had 5 operations in the first half of the year, including a kidney removal and I am still upright and able to play and enjoy the game.

Bloody bed blocker

So good to see you back and playing and you're right after your 2017 getting out and enjoying it is all that matters (although beaten bro helps)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

At least you haven't got a bad back.:whistle:

Pin-seeker

Visit site

I’d say that beats knocking a few shots off the handicap 😁

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

Attention seeker !!! 🤣🤣🤣

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Didn't set myself a big target. Just wanted to avoid drifting back to 19. Ended up drifting to 18.4 before a few cuts and got down to 13.9. back up to 14.3 now but hope to try and build on that next year.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
HC drop - yes 3 or 4 shots. I can't remember my exact

Buy fewer clubs - :rofl: no

Join a proper club - kinda, I joined a club on a flexi pmg

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Total belter. Just one question. Has your popularity in the club increased or decreased over the summer months? :)

I'd say I'm much more known throughout the club now. I have many more members know my name and know me for being me and not being my dads son as I was perviously known. If that makes sense.

As for more popular, I'd like to say yes. I certainly don't feel my popularity has decreased!! :):):)

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd say I'm much more known throughout the club now. I have many more members know my name and know me for being me and not being my dads son as I was perviously known. If that makes sense.

As for more popular, I'd like to say yes. I certainly don't feel my popularity has decreased!! :):):)

Sounds like you really did smash your target, well done you!

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Buggered if I can remember what my goals were, probably around winning a trophy and enjoying my golf. Got one of those right at least :D

Hcp remained static, missed several big comps and didn't look like winning anything but couldn't care. Had a good run in a county team knock out thingy and got to know lots of new folks including some very nice forumites. The game is better so I'm like a coiled spring ready for next season. This time next year, Rodders...

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My main aim for the year was to be still playing by the end of the year. With 18 days to go there is still hope:D.

My other goal was to keep a single figure handicap, I started the 'season' at 8.7 and ended at 8.8. I did go up to 10 twice but two good wins in the year brought it back down again.

My other big target was to sell all the assorted odds and ends of kit and to not buy any more. Target missed by miles.