Did you set yourself a target at the start of the season?

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Started the year playing off 13 and set a target to finish the year on 12.... currently playing off 14 :mad: but still time to go.

The good news is that last week I won our summer knockout. After 7 matches I beat a 5 h'capper in the finals, and even better I played my best golf this year (3 birdies, plenty of pars and a few bogies and doubles), If I can carry that form into some qualifying comps I could reach my target of 12.

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Set a target of 18, playing off of 24.3 at the start of the season.

Currently 24.4 :angry: I'm playing in our closing medal on Saturday, so we'll see what that brings, but I don't think I'll be taking six shots off of my handicap in one go.

I've shot an 83 in a bounce game (with a 9 at the 10th :eek:oo:), but at a shorter course than my home gaff and I'm in the final of the family foursomes though, so I'm pleased with that.

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Handicap wise set a target of 20 down from 22....slow steady and sensible......I've absolutely smashed that getting down to 17.....

To win anything was a bonus as lowering my hcap is far more important to me.......won back to back comps in May....Sunday comp by 3 shots and MIdweek Medal by an astonishing 7 shots.....

Then went and hit a GROSS 80 PB off 20 (12 under ) best round of my life probably never to be repeated.

However sadly for me in last 4 weeks or so its all gone wrong.....I am either slicing/shanking badly anything from 100 yards in to 40 yards in............AND ITS DESTROYING MY GOLF ENOUGH to make me stay away from full courses for now....I am trying to stick to the range and hopefully par 3 course for now.

So a desperately dissapointing end to the season for me.......

Hunka Turf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Target was to improve my ball-striking and to consolidate my handicap.

Handicap has come down from 8.6 to 5.9 so very pleased but that's been 7 or 8 good rounds and lots of tosh. Starting to hit the ball better recently though after a lesson so fingers crossed.

All in all I've been pretty happy with the season

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes. I set out this year to have fun and I've done that very successfully. Won a few comps, handicap down to 18 and I've had a ball all year.
Going to do the same next year and see where it takes me.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
target was to stay single figures around my new club.

work means i can only make the sunday comps. every 2nd sunday seemed to be some kind of team event. this summer got away from me competition wise. i played 7 weekends in our NWOOM so that took a big chunk out of the comp time.

Next year i will try and reel in Liverbirdie. I need to develop his consistency in a round. i can always score well but its a real grind where as he is very rarely in trouble during his good rounds.

live and learn!

new target - get more consistent off the tee.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
After lessons during the winter I set myself a target of 14, I got close (14.6) by June but then struggled with my irons and as I was having comps of one type or another nearly every day I was just having to make do and my handicap went up to 15.1, I now seem to have sorted things out but have had no qualifiers for 3 weeks. I still have 1 or 2 qualifiers left depending on the weather so still have a chance of another cut if I can eliminated the double bogeys or worse, I normally par between 6 and 10 holes a round but keep getting knocked back by the horror holes. Shame we don't have a par comp. ;)

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I really wanted to shoot level par around my home course.
However +2 twice was my best.
Also wanted to get down to 6 which I achieved for one round.
Hopefully with the new practice regime it will happen.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
target was 15........ but am back up .2 at 19.2. My golf has been pretty decent, and rip the course up a bit whilst knocking it about, just seem to fail a bit in the comps. Perhaps next years target will be to hold it together rather than trying to reach a specific number.......

Did have a physical target of driving our par 4 3rd green, which I managed to do a month or so back whilst playing with the club pro. Pleased that I achieved that one.

Jdb2005

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Target was to get 12 from 16. Got to 11.7 now 12.4 after a bad 5 weeks. Playing no more medals going to work hard in winter to achieve next years target of 10