Did you reach your 2017 goals?

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I set myself the task of dropping from a 'teen' handicapper (15 at the beginning of the season) to a 12 handicapper.

I got to 12 in the late Summer / Autumn, and have since gone back up to 13 (12.7 to be exact).

I have 1 more comp (this Sunday, stableford) in which to shoot one under my handicap to get the .3 reduction to get to 12.4 and end the year on my target.

No pressure!

Anyone else on the edge of meeting their 2017 goals?

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My aim was 23 to 13...I got to 14 at beginning of September and through bad timing not been able to play any qualifiers since.

Think there is a good chance I will get a reduction in the annual review so could well be 13 within the next month, so will count that as goal complete ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was my first year as a club member so I didn't really have any aims other than to enjoy it and see what happens. I won a medal comp in July, and I never expected to win anything at all, so really I exceeded my expectations. I'm slightly disappointed not to have got my handicap slightly lower, I feel like I should be on 22 or 21 by now, but I've just teetered around the mid-30s in points lately without quite doing enough for a cut. But I'm sure it will come next year. The main thing is I did enjoy my first year so I guess I achieved the only aim I had! :D

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I started the year at 11 with a view to getting to single figures. I'm now 13.4 and going the wrong way! Work to be done!!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Solid year, didn't have any goals really other than try and get the handicap down a bit. Ended up losing 1.3 shots over the year. Was happier with my consistency though, only had three 0.1's through the season which was nice so even when not playing brilliantly managed to salvage buffer. Working hard over Winter on the swing with a new coach and will be pushing for 10 or less next season. We'll see.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Started with the hope of getting from 6.4 down to 5.4. The reason it was a hope rather than a goal was the pending arrival of child number 2 in June.

When she was born I was at 6.1 and didn't expect to play much for the rest of the summer, however, on my first outing after she arrived I managed to knock it round in +4 gross which, with a CSS of +2, saw 0.8 knocked off the handicap to get it down to 5.3. I played a couple of other comps and made buffer in the first one and got 0.1 back in the second so finishing the year on 5.4.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Aim was to get to 9.4 - and got to 8.1 - Goal MET

And win something - I won a Saturday Monthly Medal - Goal MET

And get rid of my s****s - Goal PARTIALLY MET

Last edited:

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
nah didn't do as well as I had hoped- had a baby in March 2017 and had a lot of lessons throughout the year which may help in the long run but for throughout the season I think it had a detrimental effect as had so much going on in my head.

Aim was to get to 12.4- lowest i got was 15.8 and ended up at 16.2 so nowhere near. Also aim for lowest score was 79 in comp and lowest was 84 so again not close (though i did score an 82 off whites in a bounce)

However I think I will go lower again next year as so many rounds I blew it in closing 4 holes so know it's there just need to work on some stuff.

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Goal was to get to and finish the year in single figures, started at 10.2

First January qualifier shot 41 points and got cut to 8.8.

Currently on 9.9 following a summer of mostly dross with a couple of cuts, one more qualifier before the end of the year so a .4 cut required.

Well within my reach given recent form, so still in with a shout.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Goal was to get to and finish the year in single figures, started at 10.2

First January qualifier shot 41 points and got cut to 8.8.

Currently on 9.9 following a summer of mostly dross with a couple of cuts, one more qualifier before the end of the year so a .4 cut required.

Well within my reach given recent form, so still in with a shout.

Go for it - you can do it - good luck...ignore the rubbish start you might well have - stabilise - and then just plug steadily on and you'll be there.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nope, started out with 12 goals/targets. The biggest being to reduce my handicap and even though I've finished lower than I started its only by 0.2. So no where near where I wanted to be at the end of the year.

The rest were just sort of playing goals. Qualifying for finals, top 40 in my home open. Mainly trying to beat last years results. I managed to achieve 5 of these, so there are positives to take away from the year. Just really need to kick on for next year and get my handicap down.