Deliberately not completing a round

wjemather

Visit site
You shouldn’t have entered 0’s, the correct thing would be NS (Not Started)
Not all systems facilitate entry of "NS"/"DNP"; e.g. ClubV1's PSI/HDID does this for casual/GP rounds by prompting after entry of a "0", but it does not do the same for competitions (unless there has been an update I missed) and just accepts a zero (net double-bogey).

Due to this, our members have been advised to contact the pro shop/committee whenever they abandon rounds or skip holes to ensure their scores are amended for handicapping on the day rather than waiting for scorecards to be processed a day or two later.

Last edited:

wjemather

Visit site
So just to confirm if you intend to play 18 but have genuine reason not to finish you should get net par for the remaining holes?

I had a situation earlier this season in a club comp. I was 4 over par after 12 holes then got a call to a genuine emergency relating to my son so I rushed off the course. I entered my score for the 12 holes then entered 0's for the remaining 6 holes. I was given net double bogeys for the remaining 6 holes. Was that incorrect and I should have had net Par?
You should be able to advise your committee who are able to adjust your score for handicapping to show the 6 holes as "not played/started" rather than "not completed", which would then count as 1 net bogey and 5 net pars. As per an earlier comment, if 14 holes had been played then all not played holes would count as net pars.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not all systems facilitate entry of "NS"/"DNP"; e.g. ClubV1's PSI/HDID does this for casual/GP rounds by prompting after entry of a "0", but it does not do the same for competitions (unless there has been an update I missed) and just accepts a zero (net double-bogey).

Due to this, our members have been advised to contact the pro shop/committee whenever they abandon rounds or skip holes to ensure their scores are amended for handicapping on the day rather than waiting for scorecards to be processed a day or two later.
I understand that HDID have been asked /told /have agreed /have already updated their app for not started comp holes. Not sure where it has got to.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I understand that HDID have been asked /told /have agreed /have already updated their app for not started comp holes. Not sure where it has got to.

I'm sure you can do that now on HDID i.e. when you enter 0 for a hole it asks you to indicate if you didn't start the hole or didn't complete it.

wjemather

Visit site
I'm sure you can do that now on HDID i.e. when you enter 0 for a hole it asks you to indicate if you didn't start the hole or didn't complete it.
I have just checked and HDID still does not prompt when entering competition scores. It only has this functionality when entering casual/gp scores.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have just checked and HDID still does not prompt when entering competition scores. It only has this functionality when entering casual/gp scores.

I have entered a number of general play rounds so that's where I must have seen it. Apologies for any confusion caused.