Deleted member

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I read the original few pages of the LIV thread, once it started to bat back and forward with the same arguments I called it a day and have not looked at it since.
I doubt that I've read more than 10 pages. Ultimately it'll be what it'll be but I've not watched a single minute of LIV golf and now watch very little golf at all

Albo

Visit site
I don’t think it’s just the LIV thread though is it, as mentioned above people have different view points, and the likelihood of someone being moved away from that viewpoint by someone else offering a contrary opinion is highly unlikely, yet it’s easy to be drawn into the circular debate if you yourself hold a strong opinion.
I’m well aware of my guilt in this area and will offer my apologies to anyone who has taken any form of offence or annoyance at my posts.

RichA

Visit site
I don’t think it’s just the LIV thread though is it, as mentioned above people have different view points, and the likelihood of someone being moved away from that viewpoint by someone else offering a contrary opinion is highly unlikely, yet it’s easy to be drawn into the circular debate if you yourself hold a strong opinion.
I’m well aware of my guilt in this area and will offer my apologies to anyone who has taken any form of offence or annoyance at my posts.
All true.
Friendly conversations with mates over a pint or a coffee often contain strong, differing opinions but usually end in a shrug and the conversation and friendship moves on.
Forum conversations lack nuance and it's easy to imagine the typed opinion of a stranger that disagrees with your own being shouted at you in the voice of Ian Paisley.
It's so silly when you consider what's actually at stake in absolutely every single one of these discussions. Absolutely nothing.

D

Deleted member 23270

Agree it's not just the LIV thread. There are too many people on here that just post to provoke arguments and are condescending towards others.

D

Deleted member 23270

Luckily we seem to have lost a few of them recently. All seems a bit calmer at the moment.
I can think of at least 4 or 5 people on here with agendas and the forum would probably be better off without them. I could/can include myself as well because I have a tendency to react when people post BS instead of just ignoring it.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can think of at least 4 or 5 people on here with agendas and the forum would probably be better off without them. I could/can include myself as well because I have a tendency to react when people post BS instead of just ignoring it.

I find it a bit strange that a "deleted member" can still post. It could be anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.