Deleted member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Excuse my ignorance, what is a deleted member?
Can you withdraw your membership or is it removed in all cases?

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Shame, seemed like a good guy but hardly surprising given how toxic this place has become recently thanks to a small handful of people.

Do you find it toxic? I don't see any toxicity; I see robust debate and respectful arguments; and I see the Mods jumping on anything that crosses the line. Mind you, I don't go in the non-golf page, so maybe you're referring to toxicity in there.

EDIT - I now see that you're referring to the LIV thread. I wouldn't call that toxic. We must have different thresholds!

D

Deleted member 23270

Do you find it toxic? I don't see any toxicity; I see robust debate and respectful arguments; and I see the Mods jumping on anything that crosses the line. Mind you, I don't go in the non-golf page, so maybe you're referring to toxicity in there.

EDIT - I now see that you're referring to the LIV thread. I wouldn't call that toxic. We must have different thresholds!
Yeah I guess we all have different thresholds but unfortunately I see people on here being deliberately provocative.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Yes I do unfortunately, particularly around the LIV thread. Without naming names I think this forum would be a lot better without 4 or 5 members.
LIV is toxic worldwide at the moment in all discussions, whether fans, professions, tours, etc. That in itelf suggests LIV is the problem, not those discussing it. A non toxic LIV thread wouldnt be a genuine open discussion. (this is not a swipe at LIV !)

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I think there are some posters who genuinely don’t like each other, and that comes out in certain threads. I’m not sure I’d call it toxic, but it certainly brings the forum down and makes people leave as is the case here.

The constant bickering and snidely comments have brought the place down from where it was a few years ago

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I think there are some posters who genuinely don’t like each other, and that comes out in certain threads. I’m not sure I’d call it toxic, but it certainly brings the forum down and makes people leave as is the case here.

The constant bickering and snidely comments have brought the place down from where it was a few years ago
It a reflection of the rest of social media and wider society.

People don’t seem to be able to cope when their opinions are challenged and think people are attacking them or being argumentative.

It’s what used to be called a discussion or debate.

It’s a bit like a golf club where long standing older members feel like their opinions carry more weight, simply because they are older and have been members longer.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

If it's reached that point for someone then that's an ideal time to use the ignore feature.
I know not everyone likes it but it removes the taint from the forum and allows you to continue enjoying the worthwhile elements.

And some threads are best just avoided full stop!
Those will vary for each of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.