defending

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
well guy's I did it, I won the medals final by 1 stroke. I had to birdie the last to win it. Defending champion, that's 3 trophies this year and I'm excitited about it.
I cant wait till trophy night I'll be getting 3 cup's.

Does the clubchampion07 need congratulations or what? I hate blowing my on trunph but what can I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I was 1 over gross I won it on the last hole, thats how close it was.......................

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
congratulations champ.Sounds like you had a real battle,nice to hear you came through.Its not very often people achieve back to back champs, and hope you have a great trophy night.Do you have to do what we do and fill them up with a mixture of alcohol for everyone to have a drink from.(Strange traditions they have at these golf nights lol)

Lloydy84

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well done! great achievement. Winning with a birdie on the last must have been exhilarating eh?, was the winning putt a long putt or a short twitchy one?

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Congrats ClubChamp. Great achievement to win back to back! I know what you mean about blowing your own trumpet, done it myself today, but on an occasion like this I think its warranted!

Well done, enjoy the trophy night.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well done, 1 over...pretty hot stuff.
I was going to write some words of encouragement, the kind of mind shrinking mumbo jumbo I offer my trainees!
Sound like you didn't need help. Was it a scratch thing? if not, you did really well.....

Dave

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers guys, Yes it was very close going into the last 6 holes any one of us could of won it. It was handicaps there where 5 playing in it handicaps where 21, 10, 7, 7, and myself of 2. The 21 handicaper was playing well he had 6 shots left to play with over the last 4 holes. but he made a few mistakes. The 7 handicaper was level with me with 5 to play but a double bogie at the 15th put him to bed. The 10 handicaper was level with me with 2 to play and that's where my birdie came in handy. The other 7 handicaper thought it was points and lifted his ball at the 1st hole so that was him out of it but we didn't know that untill we had finished. The putt I holed was a 5 footer so I was well pleased to hole it, or he would of beaten me on a count back.

Yes we do have to fill our cups on trophy night, I dont mind as I really enjoy trophy night as I'm sure I will again this year. I lefted 2 cups last year and this year I'll be lifting 3. I wont be filling all 3 of them I will fill the biggest 1.

It's been a great year for me, I cant see myself doing any better than this year.

July knockout winner Matchplay
Club Champion winner Stroke Gross 36 holes on same day
Monthly medal winner Stroke

Handicap to date 1.7