Decent winter shoes?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, yes, yes, proper old chestnut but there's too many threads to search ;)
My FJ's have failed dramatically so I need a decent pair of waterproof shoes for the coming wet months.
I currently have some Adizero One's which keep my feet dry but cut them to bits if I don't wear more than 2 pairs of socks!
I don't really like the look of this years Ecco shoes apart from some of the spikeless ones but I don't see these being ideal for winter.
Any recommendations?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Still think you can't go wrong with Dryjoys. I know some on here have had issues but I know loads including many at my own club, that have never had issues. There have threads on here with Adidas and other brands so it isn't solely an FJ problem

D

Deleted member 15344

Adipure Tour

Or Adidas Tour 360

The FJ DNA are ok once you wear them in

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
So you are between size 8-10 then ;)

If there is anyone local stocking them you should give Callaway a look to try them. I have a pair of X Cage Vibes spikeless. Very comfortable with good fit and surprisingly good grip in very wet conditions. Ok the look isn't for everyone but they have a range of different designs with the same grip and insole and the same waterproof guarantee (plus the comfort guarantee). In fact I'd say they provide every bit as much grip as my normal spiked shoes (FJ Dryjoy, Stubert Heliums, and FJ Sports). They have also proven to be great with regards to waterproof qualities. Kept my feet dry yesterday playing a course that was sodden. Relief from casual water in most cases was impossible as the nearest point of relief was either into a wooded area or back to the tee.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thread revival time.
Looks like I've narrowed it down to three...
Adidas Pure 360 Ltd
Nike Lunar Control 3
Ecco Biom G2

The Ecco's have a horrendous silver bit on the heel but I can see past this if they really are the biz. Has anyone tried the Nike's? Can only find a few scant reviews on the internet.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I used the cheaper adizero six spikes last year, due to the moulded sole they were awesome!

That good I'm trying to find another pair just so I can mix it up but the black ones still look like new!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I used the cheaper adizero six spikes last year, due to the moulded sole they were awesome!

That good I'm trying to find another pair just so I can mix it up but the black ones still look like new!

My Adizero One's are leaking after being worn maybe 20-30 times. Not too fussed as they were the 12.99 ones from Sports Direct.

Crawfy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thread revival time.
Looks like I've narrowed it down to three...
Adidas Pure 360 Ltd
Nike Lunar Control 3
Ecco Biom G2

The Ecco's have a horrendous silver bit on the heel but I can see past this if they really are the biz. Has anyone tried the Nike's? Can only find a few scant reviews on the internet.

I wear Lunar 3's, and if they are as good as my Lunar 2's were for the last two winters then they will be just the ticket.
I am tempted to keep them good, and wheel out the Lunar 2's again for one last wet Glasgow winter
Nike's are super comfortable and look great too (if that's your thaaang !)

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I bought a pair of Nike Explorer's last year, and they're awesome. Ridiculously comfortable, warm, and kept my feet nice and dry. Not too expensive either!

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
With the Direct Golf 20% Discount, and needing some new shoes, I like Adidas and was wondering whether the Pure 360 LTD at £129.99 are worth the extra over the adidas tour360 X £69.99?