Decent trousers

Teebs

Visit site
Morning all,

I purchased some of the new Adidas 5 pocket trousers recently and after 3 or so washes they're starting to look a little faded.

Any recommendations for something similar? Prefer chino style / 5 pockets as opposed to the more polyester type and slim/tapered fit.

Thanks

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Never had this issue with Adidas or any of my trousers for that matter. Are you using non bio at 30° with the trousers turned inside out?

The thing driving me away from adidas it the easy wear in the pockets. We carry all sorts around with us so if anything pockets need to be stronger. I’ve gotten some ping ones and so far so good. They have little pockets for tees and pitch repairer. They even have grip tape on the back right pocket to keep your scorecard from popping out!

Teebs

Visit site
Yep, washed properly etc. The previous trousers were fine but they were the polyester style technical trousers.

I think these Adidas ones have an RRP of £70 so not cheap..

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Yep, washed properly etc. The previous trousers were fine but they were the polyester style technical trousers.

I think these Adidas ones have an RRP of £70 so not cheap..
Nothing is these days. I quite liked Rham’s apparel this week so I went searching and it was £99 a top! No way I’m paying that for something that is mad for a fiver!

Teebs

Visit site
Travis Mathew stuff is nice but pretty expensive. Not sure I've ever seen someone wearing outside of the Pro ranks..

D

Deleted member 31467

sunshine

Visit site
I've a pair of Ashworth chinos had them 10 years at least, never faded, still as good as thr day a bought them..... only ever worn them once mind🤣
Does this brand even exist any more? Was bought by Adidas Taylormade 10+ years ago, not sure who retained the brand after the split.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Does this brand even exist any more? Was bought by Adidas Taylormade 10+ years ago, not sure who retained the brand after the split.
I actually got them in the Pro shop at Kilmarnock Barassie at least 10 years ago. Club match and we had a team outfit, blue club jumpers, white polo, and chinos. Alas I got red wine all over the ones I had on at lunch😂 knowing me they were on the sale rail

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you're using a whites degergent and not a colour detergent the garments will fade out, no matter what they are.
Using the correct wash program for the fabric type also has an impact:)

None of my clothing has faded out, or turned grey:)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Morning all,

I purchased some of the new Adidas 5 pocket trousers recently and after 3 or so washes they're starting to look a little faded.

Any recommendations for something similar? Prefer chino style / 5 pockets as opposed to the more polyester type and slim/tapered fit.

Thanks
Not sure when reading this if you want or do not not want slim taper fit. Chino style comes in both.

Out of all the makes I have bought I still think M&S has given the best longevity. I have not been able to buy any lately as I do not like the narrow leg bottoms on modern trousers.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’ve recently gone with the new Oakley trousers for summer after several years with the lightweight ping ones. Pockets seem well thought out (two pockets inside the right hand pocket) inside the waste band has a silicone strip to keep the shirt from coming untucked and the shape of the bottom around the ankle is a lot less flared to reduce mud pick up.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Tried loads of different trousers but keep going back to Under Armour. I need slim fit tapered ones and by far these are the best. They've never faded in the wash as far as I can tell.