Decathlon

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m off to decathlon tomorrow (wife is going to IKEA so I’m dropping her off there and going to decathlon on my own! ), what’s good there? I’m definitely after some waterproof trousers that can be worn in all weathers (so not the sort you throw on over your normal trousers when I starts chucking it down!) and other general winter clothing good for golf.

Any recommendations?

I have there waterproof trousers and the normal ones really like both. Picked up there shorts and again they seem great for the money.

Myblueheaven

Visit site
Bought the waterproof golf shoes in navy blue last week, after 1 round in wet dew I would say they are better than the adidas 360 tour xt sl. Very comfy, no breaking in, the adidas are comfy but these are comfier, and for £50.
Also bought some navy blue trousers, £17.99, not the summer ones, a bit thicker, they are great. Highly recommended ?

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bought the waterproof golf shoes in navy blue last week, after 1 round in wet dew I would say they are better than the adidas 360 tour xt sl. Very comfy, no breaking in, the adidas are comfy but these are comfier, and for £50.
Also bought some navy blue trousers, £17.99, not the summer ones, a bit thicker, they are great. Highly recommended ?

Are they the sort of trousers you wear on their own, ie, not the big baggy things that go over normal trousers?

Myblueheaven

Visit site
Normal trousers, nice slim fit and I'm not slim really 5ft10" 14 1/2 stone....
Really nice i have other brands, CK, Nike etc but these are comfier.
They do quite a bit in their golf range so I'm sure youlle enjoy whatever you get.
I'll definitely by their Inesis stuff again

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Decathlon stuff is good, but I've been in two of their stores (Brent Cross and Uxbridge) and both had hardly any of the golf clothing actually in store. All my Decathlon/Inesis golf stuff has been ordered online.

If you want running gear or football gear etc though you're fine. Just don't expect a huge array of the golf gear. (Not sure why.)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have their thermals, trousers and top. Work well, fair price.

I believe Orikoru is a big fan so hopefully he will chip in at some point. (Ah, see above)

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Decathlon stuff is good, but I've been in two of their stores (Brent Cross and Uxbridge) and both had hardly any of the golf clothing actually in store. All my Decathlon/Inesis golf stuff has been ordered online.

If you want running gear or football gear etc though you're fine. Just don't expect a huge array of the golf gear. (Not sure why.)
That's been my experience, big Decathlon near me but has a tiny amount of golf stock. I looked in recently and for the first time they did have a few shoes but not in my size to try.

Eagle2

Visit site
I’m off to decathlon tomorrow (wife is going to IKEA so I’m dropping her off there and going to decathlon on my own! ), what’s good there? I’m definitely after some waterproof trousers that can be worn in all weathers (so not the sort you throw on over your normal trousers when I starts chucking it down!) and other general winter clothing good for golf.

Any recommendations?

Yep... tell her to grab you some Daim Bars and 40 pencils.

Jokes aside - let me know how you get on ;-)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I was in the Glasgow store last week, picked up a couple of snoods. The tiny golf section that they had has either been moved and I didn't look hard enough or they've binned it altogether.

Got a couple of thermal tops but no specific golf gear.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve been in the Milton Keynes store. The golf section is just one rack. They had about 6 boxes of balls and very little else of interest.

Sam_R

Visit site
I've got a quarter zip fleece in navy blue, it's been great so far on the course and off. I've got a glove from them too which has been as good as any other I've had. I also use the balls as they are good value and I wouldn't notice any benefit with a premium ball.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I've got a quarter zip fleece in navy blue, it's been great so far on the course and off. I've got a glove from them too which has been as good as any other I've had. I also use the balls as they are good value and I wouldn't notice any benefit with a premium ball.
I bought the green one 17.99 and it's just as good as the under armour equivalent at £40,

bighairydel

Visit site
Love the decathlon ( Inesis ) stuff, but as others have said the golf section in the stores has been shrinking down. I order what I need online now. Great for the money though.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Took 10 minutes to find the golf section and 30 seconds to look at it! Rubbish! Seems that skiing is more popular than golf? ?

Did buy some waterproof mittens for £6 though so not all bad.