Day Trading - Options, Index, FX, Commodities

sunshine

Visit site
tnx.. am aware of IAG, what i meant to say was that given market size, IAG's role, customer choice and low barriers to entry for new airlines.. i am not too bullish on the sector. IAG going to wall may be emotionally bad but not the end of the world . For the same reasons, i am more bullish on say Cruises or Boeing.

That's interesting. It's worth comparing the state financial support that Air France KLM has received compared to IAG. IAG is clearly massively more resilient and financially sound, but the French gov has definitely decided that AF-KLM is too big to fail. I'm not sure the UK gov would rescue IAG.

Also, when you mention low barriers to entry for new airlines, I assume you mean existing airlines moving in to take slots. Setting up a new airline is not cheap!!!

memememe

Visit site
All this talk of stocks and currency trading on a golf internet form reminds of the a story about the 1929 crash.

From Time magazine

"There is a famous story, we don’t know if it’s true, about how in the late summer of 1929, a shoe-shine boy gave Joe Kennedy stock tips, and Kennedy, being a wise old investor, thought, 'If shoe shine boys are giving stock tips, then it’s time to get out of the market.' So the story says Joe Kennedy sold all of his stocks and made a killing ...."

Of course, this time it's different .....

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That's interesting. It's worth comparing the state financial support that Air France KLM has received compared to IAG. IAG is clearly massively more resilient and financially sound, but the French gov has definitely decided that AF-KLM is too big to fail. I'm not sure the UK gov would rescue IAG.

Also, when you mention low barriers to entry for new airlines, I assume you mean existing airlines moving in to take slots. Setting up a new airline is not cheap!!!

I am not hot on any airlines stock, because you can indeed set up an airlines cheaply.. something like 100m should be enough. Its then a case of slots and routes etc. It is a cash business so if you can manage it, then you can run an airlines. Is BA still considered a flag carrier (emotionally yes, but in reality?).. AF-KLM in a different space than BA.

I don't get this. I don't understand how an individual can be good at cable, it's just roulette.

Google 'The Scruffy trader'.. bloke from Durham has plenty of videos on how he does it. unfortunately, he has now moved most of it behind a paywall. He used to mainly focus on cable and aim to make about £200-250 per day. I learnt a lot from his videos and his FB channel. Stopped after i realised that i dont want to go down the FX at the moment & he started charging..