Dando and Homer coaching today

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That right there is the beauty of recording your swing and having it to hand. if you feel your game or swing slipping, you can go back and see what you did differently when you hit the ball better.

This swing here is a world away from what he had been doing recently. I wouldn't fancy playing that swing off 13 for money. Especially if the chipping and putting have improved which I think it has from back then.

Homer you would be crazy not to document and use your practice and progress as material for your channel. Its called a quest for single figures. People would like to see how that was achieved much more than your thoughts on the new volvik golf ball for example.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
That right there is the beauty of recording your swing and having it to hand. if you feel your game or swing slipping, you can go back and see what you did differently when you hit the ball better.

This swing here is a world away from what he had been doing recently. I wouldn't fancy playing that swing off 13 for money. Especially if the chipping and putting have improved which I think it has from back then.

Homer you would be crazy not to document and use your practice and progress as material for your channel. Its called a quest for single figures. People would like to see how that was achieved much more than your thoughts on the new volvik golf ball for example.

I will be. The issue is my back has been playing up and I simply haven't hit any balls. I hit a very small basket on Sunday but didn't film it as I wasn't sure if the back would hold up. Touch wood its starting to feel better and I plan to do some work on Sunday, having played Saturday. I'll be on the practice ground, so plenty of light and room to film down the line and side on. As I said in another post, really engaged again with my game, and have mentally cleared the next five months to break the back of the main habits, the takeaway and the over swing, and get a better start, and turn to a more concise top of the swing position with a flatter wrist, giving me time to come back on a shallower angle and rotate through better.

Of course I understand I need to take it to the course too as well but was planning not to bother with too many comps after the monthly stableford in a week or so and just go out in the roll up when there's no pressure and I can really just focus on my swing in a real time environment, even if that means too many thoughts in my mind initially. I have a plan in mind, I have a vision in my head of how it should look, and I've even managed to perform the correct swing a couple of times to understand how it should be. I've still got a follow up with Paul as well and right now I'm in a very happy Homer place and the "Quest" is definitely back in business

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
11.58 in this video you can actually see the second the penny drops and light switch goes on.

"tha, that's a full swing?.?.?''

HOLD THAT THOUGHT :thup:

[video=youtube;5q8dWt6G43E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q8dWt6G43E[/video]

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Caption Comp' Anyone?.....

Yes, sir I can Boogie......

Actually looking at the rest of the lyrics, they seem apt......

Mister,
Your eyes are full of hesitation,
Sure makes me wonder,
If you know what your looking for.

Uumm, Baby I wan't to keep my reputation,
I'm a sensation,
You try me once you'll beg for more.

Oooohh! Yes sir, I can boogie,
But I need a certain song,
I can boogie, boogie woogie all night long
Ooooh!

Yes sir, I can boogie
If you stay, you can't go wrong,
I can boogie, boogie woogie all night long...

:D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Managed to hit a bucket at the range without too much discomfort although the back is sore now I've sat for a while. The change is hard, especially the flat wrist and short (what Paul Foston would call short). However it is coming. Not often and regularly enough yet. Hopefully I'll get it on camera on Sunday

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Managed to hit a bucket at the range without too much discomfort although the back is sore now I've sat for a while. The change is hard, especially the flat wrist and short (what Paul Foston would call short). However it is coming. Not often and regularly enough yet. Hopefully I'll get it on camera on Sunday

Keep working on it, might take a while feel normal but you will get there 👍👍

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
As a fellow overswinger I completely get the difficulty of swinging short I work hard at it, make progress but then it's back to normal when on the course and I've got 170+ par 3 or approach shot

its a vicious cycle as the more I overswing the worse my strike becomes etc

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As a fellow overswinger I completely get the difficulty of swinging short I work hard at it, make progress but then it's back to normal when on the course and I've got 170+ par 3 or approach shot

its a vicious cycle as the more I overswing the worse my strike becomes etc

Took it on the course today. Warm up very encouraging but on the course, tempo way too quick, swing way too long and wrists cupping. Too much too soon having only had one range session with it since the lesson. The good ones today were a different class but too many mistakes. A million miles from being ingrained or natural but one baby step at a time

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Took it on the course today. Warm up very encouraging but on the course, tempo way too quick, swing way too long and wrists cupping. Too much too soon having only had one range session with it since the lesson. The good ones today were a different class but too many mistakes. A million miles from being ingrained or natural but one baby step at a time

Rome wasnt built in a day! Keep practicing!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Homer I have just watched you latest 9 hole course vlog and since I was one of the harshest critics, not of you but of your old swing, I think its only fair I give credit where credit is due.

Congratulations on your recent score of +8 and also knocking together a PB front 9 of +3 for the front 9 on camera. :thup: that is the kind of scores you are more than capable of on a regular basis.

Looking at your recent swing, it seems that you have stopped taking the club way outside on the way back. You are not aiming left with open shoulders like you were, the swing looks shorter (at least with the shorter clubs, driver still a tad long). You have stopped the wild OOT steep action which is much better.

You must be finding it so much easier to hit the ball in a controllable fashion which would have been so difficult before.

Whilst not being perfect (who is eh), it looks well on the way to getting back to that swing you had when on the cusp of single figures. I didn't ever see you chipping, but you documented it well on here that it was terrible back then. The pitching looks like you will give yourself a chance of getting up and down. Your putting does look good. Particularly holing out which is something you said you do practice regularly. I am mighty impressed by that.

I feel your pain (literally) with the back problems. Lets hope we can both get fit and stay fit. I see no reason why you can't get that handicap moving in the right direction by the time the qualifiers start up again. No doubt you will take a few quid off boys over the winter too before those cuts roll in.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Homer I have just watched you latest 9 hole course vlog and since I was one of the harshest critics, not of you but of your old swing, I think its only fair I give credit where credit is due.

Congratulations on your recent score of +8 and also knocking together a PB front 9 of +3 for the front 9 on camera. :thup: that is the kind of scores you are more than capable of on a regular basis.

Looking at your recent swing, it seems that you have stopped taking the club way outside on the way back. You are not aiming left with open shoulders like you were, the swing looks shorter (at least with the shorter clubs, driver still a tad long). You have stopped the wild OOT steep action which is much better.

You must be finding it so much easier to hit the ball in a controllable fashion which would have been so difficult before.

Whilst not being perfect (who is eh), it looks well on the way to getting back to that swing you had when on the cusp of single figures. I didn't ever see you chipping, but you documented it well on here that it was terrible back then. The pitching looks like you will give yourself a chance of getting up and down. Your putting does look good. Particularly holing out which is something you said you do practice regularly. I am mighty impressed by that.

I feel your pain (literally) with the back problems. Lets hope we can both get fit and stay fit. I see no reason why you can't get that handicap moving in the right direction by the time the qualifiers start up again. No doubt you will take a few quid off boys over the winter too before those cuts roll in.

Maybe when he passes you (handicap wise), he can send you 400 swing videos to watch, and work on.:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.