Dando and Homer coaching today

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
To be fair, Homer hasn't posted his swing for forum members to critique, he has posted on his own blog for the world to see. He is doing on course videos in the like of a Mark Crossfield and opening himself to comments that are, in the main, coming from guys who know him personally, have, in many cases, played with him, and know the long term history of him and his self proclaimed obsession to reach single figures.

The point everyone, including me, are making is that he has had a long lesson from a top 25 coach and then posts a video where he pretty much ignores the tips to better his game that he was taught, in a GM freebie that most of us would love to have been selected for

Not a case of ignoring. Just an inability to achieve what I have been set..yet. Once I get a chance to work regularly at the range again, I'm back to trying to get it shorter and work on the speed. From there, which after a 30+ year history of overswing will take time I have stuff to shallow. The video was merely a chance to get more content on the channel and if anyone watches and actually listens to what I say on it, I clearly say it bears no resemblance to what I was shown. I'm aware it isn't right but to say I'm ignoring the advice is widely off target. It's a long term change and will take time

D

Deleted member 16999

Not a case of ignoring. Just an inability to achieve what I have been set..yet. Once I get a chance to work regularly at the range again, I'm back to trying to get it shorter and work on the speed. From there, which after a 30+ year history of overswing will take time I have stuff to shallow. The video was merely a chance to get more content on the channel and if anyone watches and actually listens to what I say on it, I clearly say it bears no resemblance to what I was shown. I'm aware it isn't right but to say I'm ignoring the advice is widely off target. It's a long term change and will take time
You have a well documented injury which you have ignored today and risked your health.
Whatever your intentions are towards golf your health comes first.
Rest and start again in the New Year.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Hey Homeslice. You can take this advice or not. What Foston had you working on is the best chance of improvement. Pretty much every fault on the downswing is a result of the overlong backswing. You're making all sorts of body movements to get the club head back to the ball because you lose control of it at the top.

Slow down and shorten. Make that you're swing thought.....

This was Fostons frustration in the videod lessons, the practice swing would be ok but then once over the ball it’s all or nothing with a too fast a takeaway, an over swing and then slows down to steer himself into his trademark finishing position at the expense of a poor strike and inconsistent ball shape.

I think it’s all too much and too far engrained and the bad habits are winning over all the lessons and all the practice sessions. I admire the dedication and commitment, but I’d just settle for being happy being out playing and enjoying my rounds and golf days with like minded people rather than putting up targets and pressure on myself that are and will only be detrimental to getting a lower handicap than is achievable.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

Honestly Homer, if this is the case I really struggle to see why you did the video and posted it knowing everyone would see it and comment.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Honestly Homer, if this is the case I really struggle to see why you did the video and posted it knowing everyone would see it and comment.

Why not? I hadn't done video log on my channel for a while, had had a good round a few days earlier and wanted to simply put new content up. As I mentioned already (and you've ignored) I said clearly on the footage that the swing is still nowhere near where I want to get to with the stuff I was shown. The simple answer is to have any chance of growing the channel further you need to be putting content up. As it went well score wise it was a bonus but I never made it out to say this is me playing well with the new swing.

D

Deleted member 16999

Why not? I hadn't done video log on my channel for a while, had had a good round a few days earlier and wanted to simply put new content up. As I mentioned already (and you've ignored) I said clearly on the footage that the swing is still nowhere near where I want to get to with the stuff I was shown. The simple answer is to have any chance of growing the channel further you need to be putting content up. As it went well score wise it was a bonus but I never made it out to say this is me playing well with the new swing.
Regardless of good or bad golf, why risk further injury?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Bored now. Going round in circles and not going to justify every thing I do to all and sundry , such as positing content on a youtube channel, why I played golf etc. As it happened the back was feeling much better that weekend and the Monday and I wasn't in significant pain. I wanted to put content up and it's something I actually enjoy doing over and above the goals I've laid out on there. Goodnight all

D

Deleted member 16999

Bored now. Going round in circles and not going to justify every thing I do to all and sundry , such as positing content on a youtube channel, why I played golf etc. As it happened the back was feeling much better that weekend and the Monday and I wasn't in significant pain. I wanted to put content up and it's something I actually enjoy doing over and above the goals I've laid out on there. Goodnight all
Apologies for being concerned about your health! I won’t mention it again.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site

I just don’t get the need for attention, why put yourself above the parapet, it’s no surprise with your history that people are skeptical of your motivation

Status
Not open for further replies.