Dales Golf Festival

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Can heartily recommend the Dales Golf Festival. The committees at Catterick, Richmond and Bedale golf clubs should all pat themselves on the back for a job well done. The three courses were all new to me but very picturesque and enjoyable - my personal favourite was Bedale (an opinion that may be coloured by the fact that I played best on that day!) but I'd happily play any of them again.
Check-in procedures were easy, all the information was well presented by the registration staff and the starters. There were well-stocked pro-shops and halfway houses at all three; and even a mini 'tour truck' at Richmond for those who had worn out their grips.
Hard to beat at less than £20 each. I'll definitely be back next year.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can heartily recommend the Dales Golf Festival. The committees at Catterick, Richmond and Bedale golf clubs should all pat themselves on the back for a job well done. The three courses were all new to me but very picturesque and enjoyable - my personal favourite was Bedale (an opinion that may be coloured by the fact that I played best on that day!) but I'd happily play any of them again.
Check-in procedures were easy, all the information was well presented by the registration staff and the starters. There were well-stocked pro-shops and halfway houses at all three; and even a mini 'tour truck' at Richmond for those who had worn out their grips.
Hard to beat at less than £20 each. I'll definitely be back next year.
Did you sample the food at Catterick? My nephew works in the kitchen there, been a couple of times for Sunday lunch and always been great food.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've never heard of this before, thanks for posting. I've played Richmond a few times, I like it. Nice to play, some quirky holes. Would happily play again, would happily be a member there if I lived nearby.

Last time I was there, someone in the clubhouse suggested playing Catterick, 'if you like Richmond '. Haven't done it yet but need to get my backside into gear and do it. How did you find Catterick?

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I've never heard of this before, thanks for posting. I've played Richmond a few times, I like it. Nice to play, some quirky holes. Would happily play again, would happily be a member there if I lived nearby.

Last time I was there, someone in the clubhouse suggested playing Catterick, 'if you like Richmond '. Haven't done it yet but need to get my backside into gear and do it. How did you find Catterick?
Catterick was a tough walk, but worth the effort. The greens are a lot less contoured than Richmond but that's not a bad thing, RGC was extremely tricky this week.
Catterick offers views all the way to the coast on a clear day. I honestly can't fault any of the three courses.