Curiosity Questions please ?

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just curious what the official rules are on the below situations please ?

(1) In a club competition can the you play in the comp after the last official time posted on the online booking sheet ? .. say the last time on the sheet is 4.30.. can a group play in the comp at 4.40 ?? time not added to booking sheet but players play after last group

(2) can the pro shop assistant (who looks after all the signing in etc for all comps) make a decision to let the last group off in a 3 person comp play in a 4 ball as 2 x 2balls would be waiting on every hole as time sheet is full ?

Assistant has no standing on club committees what so ever ,

Thanks in advance

Bill

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just curious what the official rules are on the below situations please ?

(1) In a club competition can the you play in the comp after the last official time posted on the online booking sheet ? .. say the last time on the sheet is 4.30.. can a group play in the comp at 4.40 ?? time not added to booking sheet but players play after last group

Thanks in advance

Bill

On this point, this is something that I do regularly in the summer months. The midweek Monthly Medal is usually on the first Monday of the month. Booking at our place is only up until 4pm. I usually get there at 5 for a 5.15pm tee off time. Much later and the pro shop would be closed so we would be unable to sign in. I'm sure this would be down to local rules of the comp though so our place may be different to yours.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think both questions should be addressed to your competition committee Bill.

We had something similar a couple of weeks ago where a couple turned up before the first tee time and went out and played in the comp.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the answers guys much appreciated i was just wondering , i wont bring it to the club as i dont want to create problems and its not that big a deal to me either way as long as the same applies to all members at all times ..

What had me wondering about the extra times if you can be DQ'd for missing your tee time and seemingly your not allowed or not suppose to tee off before your tee time how does this apply to not having an official tee time ?

We had something similar a couple of weeks ago where a couple turned up before the first tee time and went out and played in the comp.
Was there any questions or reaction to this happening mate ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
A few moans in the clubhouse Bill, but that's as far as it went.

I wonder whether there would have been more or louder if the winner had been in that group.

I've seen rules/CofCs that have a standard catch-all/disclaimer to allow whoever is checking in etc the authority to make adjustments.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
We can play after official times but not before, as the greens staff cannot be guaranteed to have set the course up if you do, a local agreement with neighbours about time of cutting greens being responsible.