Teeing off a hole before you finish the previous hole

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Re Inlfracombe above - so the tees for 16 and 17 are together on the same tee block? That is absolutely bizarre. Ours isn't anything like as bad as that! In that case I'd almost expect a local rule allowing you to tee off both holes in competitions.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Re Inlfracombe above - so the tees for 16 and 17 are together on the same tee block? That is absolutely bizarre. Ours isn't anything like as bad as that! In that case I'd almost expect a local rule allowing you to tee off both holes in competitions.
Maybe theres a local rule saying you can tee off twice and choose which ball you want to count for which hole....just in case you hook your shot to the 16th and slice your shot to 17? :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe theres a local rule saying you can tee off twice and choose which ball you want to count for which hole....just in case you hook your shot to the 16th and slice your shot to 17? :ROFLMAO:
I'd have to make sure I wasn't using the same numbered ball for both shots in case they both end up in the same place.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure if @pokerjoke is still about, I have a hazy memory of Ilfracombe having a situation like this and a sign guiding you to tee off prior to walking to previous green
Yes still alive 😀
It’s the 16th and 17th
It’s dangerous walking back up the 16th towards the 17th tee.

In the comps there you have to play them separately
Out of comps most will drive off the 17th before walking to the 16th green.

When the winds off the left I’ve seen drives end up way right of the 16th green,it’s brutal at times.