Crowborough Beacon

Bermuda

Visit site
Was about to join Dale Hill and have been happy with that plan, but someone has suggested Crowborough Beacon, what is the atmosphere like at CB in the Clubhouse as I hear it s a good course, any suggestions all welcome

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Arguably the best course in the area (along with The Nevill in TW), but can't comment on the clubhouse & atmosphere as I've not had the pleasure... But everyone I know who's been a few times (my dad used to play it 2/3 times a year) have always been very positive.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
As courses to play, I'd prefer Crowborough Beacon or the Nevill over Dale Hill any day of the week.
It was a good 20+ years ago that I was a member at the former, and I always enjoyed the clubhouse, but it was very quiet most of the time.
But as I say, Dale Hill would not be my personal choice for regular golf.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've played CB many times and whilst i cant comment on the atmosphere in the clubhouse, the outside terrace looking down the 18th with the south downs in the distance is a lovely place to enjoy a drink or two.

Also, If you are 15 miles or more from CB they are doing a reduced price full membership for £836 which is outstanding value...